Forest -V- Wednesday omdt

Time for...  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Two up top?

• YES - He's too isolated.
    • NO - We'll get completely over-run in midfield with our tiny , boney players.
    • Only if... we go to a back 3 so we get the twin strike force we crave, but also don't get over-run in midfield, which is our fear with a 4-4-2,. though of course we don't have any wingbacks either, we have somehow managed to build such a random squad that there's not one single system that suit all of them as a group. What a monumental balls up.
    • Meh
  2. 2. All out attack

• YES - I'd rather lose 5-2 than 2-0. ( and I'm going to conveniently forget the possibility that all out attack could actually be the worst of both worlds and see us lose 5-0, when I say it.)
    • NO- Keep it tight and try and nick them. It's the only way we won't get battered. And besides it's what Carlos did anyway but with much , much better players.

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

scored a few from open play? we have only scored 2 in a game in 1st game of season . we hardly even cross the half way line. 

Reach provided two crosses which Windass (Norwich) and Paterson (Reading) both scored from and then Bannan assisted Windass (Barnsley) with one in the last game. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, james o connor said:

That will sort the mess the clubs in . A knackered crap 36 year old keeper 

I'm not saying it will.

Was just curious as Pulis has been clear on what he thinks of him so was asking if he's far off?

Same as me asking if Luongo and Shaw are available earlier in the thread.

1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

Reach provided two crosses which Windass (Norwich) and Paterson (Reading) both scored from and then Bannan assisted Windass (Barnsley) with one in the last game. 

so you have named all the outfield goals this season? and we have played 18 bloody games , there are 3 reasons why we dont score one is just look at plain old stats see how many goals the whole squad has ever scored ,discount rhodes as he was finished 5years ago , then see how we set up not to cross the half way line , then see what would happen if this hopeless lot went gung ho , bannan and pelepessy are the biggest jokes going and any midfield would run though those 2 we would get some 5-0 6-0 tonkings . so whats the answer? there aint one its too late . 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

so you have named all the outfield goals this season? and we have played 18 bloody games , there are 3 reasons why we dont score one is just look at plain old stats see how many goals the whole squad has ever scored ,discount rhodes as he was finished 5years ago , then see how we set up not to cross the half way line , then see what would happen if this hopeless lot went gung ho , bannan and pelepessy are the biggest jokes going and any midfield would run though those 2 we would get some 5-0 6-0 tonkings . so whats the answer? there aint one its too late . 

Relax pal, all i've done is point out that in amongst the abysmal run we're currently on, at least we have managed to score a couple from open play which we had been struggling to do.

I'm not saying we're sorted and are going to be safe, just commented on the goals we did score.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomhollywood said:

Also, how long is Westwood out for?

i dont care he is sh**t like wildsmith and dawson i see every game and no club in this division would take any of the 3 on. westwood is on a reported 30k a week his bank balance is bulging he wont be signing for any club next season , who wants a keeper 36 been on big money, always injured and apparently has a attitude problem ? sooner him and rhodes are gone the better. thats 3.5million in wages saved 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

I'm not saying it will.

Was just curious as Pulis has been clear on what he thinks of him so was asking if he's far off?

Same as me asking if Luongo and Shaw are available earlier in the thread.

Sounds like it’s best you don’t ask about any of the players mate :duntmatter:

15 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i dont care he is sh**t like wildsmith and dawson i see every game and no club in this division would take any of the 3 on. westwood is on a reported 30k a week his bank balance is bulging he wont be signing for any club next season , who wants a keeper 36 been on big money, always injured and apparently has a attitude problem ? sooner him and rhodes are gone the better. thats 3.5million in wages saved 

That will be good

I've been saying for ages now that the thing that's wrong with the club is that the Chairman hasn't had enough spending money to play with at SWFC

Owlstalk Shop

Pulis has to change something tonight.

We cannot continue to be so ineffective as an attacking outfit. Forest concede goals. They've only kept two clean sheets all season. There's an opportunity tonight to give ourselves half a chance to get out of the situation we find ourselves in.

But, we are unlikely to provide that turnaround and response, by continuing to play a system that forces players into roles they aren't suited to.

These players were signed to play a 3-4-1-2 system. Pulis has previously played similar systems, especially at Boro where he deployed a back three for the majority of his time there.

Back to playing round pegs in round holes.

-----------------------Wildsmith-------------------------

---------Dunkley--------Lees----------Borner------

Odubajo------Luongo-----Bannan---------Reach

---------------------------Brown-----------------------------

------------------Windass-----Rhodes------------------

If Luongo isn't fit, Pelupessy or Paterson could come into midfield.

Play that, and I'd be confident of ending our dreadful run of form.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure Hughton and Pulis know each other's game inside out having met on a few occasions with other teams.

Could be an interesting battle of tactics.

0 - 0  written all over it .

Not sure which set of supporters will be more disappointed after tonight.

Edited by Captain Scarlett