Forest -V- Wednesday omdt

Time for...  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Two up top?

• YES - He's too isolated.
    • NO - We'll get completely over-run in midfield with our tiny , boney players.
    • Only if... we go to a back 3 so we get the twin strike force we crave, but also don't get over-run in midfield, which is our fear with a 4-4-2,. though of course we don't have any wingbacks either, we have somehow managed to build such a random squad that there's not one single system that suit all of them as a group. What a monumental balls up.
    • Meh
  2. 2. All out attack

• YES - I'd rather lose 5-2 than 2-0. ( and I'm going to conveniently forget the possibility that all out attack could actually be the worst of both worlds and see us lose 5-0, when I say it.)
    • NO- Keep it tight and try and nick them. It's the only way we won't get battered. And besides it's what Carlos did anyway but with much , much better players.

Pulis is his own worse enemy at the moment, he's ingrained in HIS style of play and won't change. 

The problem is we've hardly anyone in this sqaud capable of laying pullis football. 

He needs to change to a style and formation that suits what's available to him to give them the best chance of picking up some points. 

If he continues the way we are by the time he gets reinforcments in that CAN /SUIT pullisball, get them fit and up to speed it may be too late to be able to salvage the season and stay up. 

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

*Addendum -

I may have mentioned League Two in this piece, when I might have actually meant League One. Though it's so bloody confusing, and they're both places we don't want to be. I don't know why we had to faff with the names to be perfectly honest with you. I mean, even our own manager keeps referring to the top flight as the Premiership , which it hasn't been called since 2007. Which I'm sure some wag will say is the last time he was relevant. Mind you, I'm not sure why I've heard him talking about that division as we're no where near the bugger. No. We're more likely to be in League 2 . Sorry, League 1. Oh bugger it. The 3rd division , lets just say it how it is. It's the bloody third division.

Whenever I feel like a useless tub of lard who has never achieved anything, I console myself by thinking that there is someone in the world who’s main contribution to society was naming the third tier of English football ‘League One’. 
What a waste of life!

Another harsh dose of realism Snoots old thing! Thank you. As a callow youth in  dem 1970’s I well remember how hard it was to support the team, the similarities are uncanny : Tommy Craig the equivalent of Barry Bannan trying his best to weave magic with his wand of a left foot, the 10 others chasing shadows for 90 mins. God knows how I got through it without mental scarring and a twitch, it lasted until Boxing Day of 1979! So by my reckoning we should have put this lot right by 2026 given that we’ve already endured 2/3 years of crap. Ever the optimist I’ll go for a 2-0 victory for the wizzaaards in their smart green away kit, or is it grey these days, I can’t keep up. Anyway play up the Wednesday!! (Waves rattle and tosses flat cap in the air)

For those voting yes for this: 

YES - I'd rather lose 5-2 than 2-0. ( and I'm going to conveniently forget the possibility that all out attack could actually be the worst of both worlds and see us lose 5-0, when I say it.)

We're in a relegation scrap currently with a better goal difference than the 3 teams above us.

Why would we want to start shipping more goals in?

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Ha ha.

One's a thirty-yard screamer, the second's an overhead kick, and he scores the third by running the length of the pitch, weaving around six Forest players before scoring.

lol

Left foot, right foot, header 

perfect hat trick lol 

• Haha 1

Well, people may joke about it, but if I were a Forest player tonight I would be delighted to see Jordan Rhodes on the bench and not on the pitch.  A lot of them will remember the perfect hat-trick, which means they would double-team him all night if he actually played.  That would be good, wouldn't it?