Forest -V- Wednesday omdt

Time for...  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Two up top?

• YES - He's too isolated.
    • NO - We'll get completely over-run in midfield with our tiny , boney players.
    • Only if... we go to a back 3 so we get the twin strike force we crave, but also don't get over-run in midfield, which is our fear with a 4-4-2,. though of course we don't have any wingbacks either, we have somehow managed to build such a random squad that there's not one single system that suit all of them as a group. What a monumental balls up.
    • Meh
  2. 2. All out attack

• YES - I'd rather lose 5-2 than 2-0. ( and I'm going to conveniently forget the possibility that all out attack could actually be the worst of both worlds and see us lose 5-0, when I say it.)
    • NO- Keep it tight and try and nick them. It's the only way we won't get battered. And besides it's what Carlos did anyway but with much , much better players.

Thanks Milord. An entertaining read before I retire for the night. 

Don’t know what is to come from the match, and sad to say I’m almost beyond caring, but commendations to you for trying to stay positive. I don’t know how you do it....

Let’s just hope there’s something in those new antennae on the South Stand which will lead us to victory, because let’s face it it’s unlikely anything happening on the pitch will help.

Up the Aliens.

• Like 3

A very good evening mi'lud - I must say, as OMDTs go this one both captures and lifts the mood, I salute you for that. It's all just a bit depressing really isn't it? The early defensive solidity Pulis seemed to have introduced evaporated in the last two games, which meant it became even more difficult to ignore just how clueless we are going forward. 

Your efforts at positivity are nevertheless greatly appreciated and I have to say I particularly agree with your first point, I was moderately encouraged by Dunkley's showing on Saturday. If he can play with that much assertiveness after nearly a year's injury lay off I'm (almost) excited to see what he can do once he hits his stride. He's going to have to hit it rather quickly now that Iorfa's out for the season. To add to that, Windass' industry in leading the attack on Saturday was admirable, we may be utterly incapable of scoring more than one goal but the chances of us at least getting one are greatly increased by his presence.

The most my optimism can conjure up is a vague inclination that tomorrow will end in a stalemate that helps neither team. Haven't decided whether I can be bothered to fork out the tenner to watch it. On the whole, I think probably not (opinion likely to be revised five minutes before kick off).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Forest 1-1 Wednesday 

(Dunkley 10, Lolley 50)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Thanks Milord. An entertaining read before I retire for the night. 

Don’t know what is to come from the match, and sad to say I’m almost beyond caring, but commendations to you for trying to stay positive. I don’t know how you do it....

Let’s just hope there’s something in those new antennae on the South Stand which will lead us to victory, because let’s face it it’s unlikely anything happening on the pitch will help.

Up the Aliens.

I didn’t even realise we were playing away, so my theory about the antennae has just gone out of the water. 

3-0 to Florist in that case.

• Haha 2

*Addendum -

I may have mentioned League Two in this piece, when I might have actually meant League One. Though it's so bloody confusing, and they're both places we don't want to be. I don't know why we had to faff with the names to be perfectly honest with you. I mean, even our own manager keeps referring to the top flight as the Premiership , which it hasn't been called since 2007. Which I'm sure some wag will say is the last time he was relevant. Mind you, I'm not sure why I've heard him talking about that division as we're no where near the bugger. No. We're more likely to be in League 2 . Sorry, League 1. Oh bugger it. The 3rd division , lets just say it how it is. It's the bloody third division.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Regarding your second poll - I think we all came to the conlucsion long ago that scoring goals is largely beyond us.

Without one hell of a striking acquisition in January that's probably going to remain the case, but I do think our best chance of carrying a threat is combining Brown and Windass' creative abilities, preferably plus one more striker for them to bounce off (probably has to be Paterson, not that he's looked great so far). 

Getting those three in the team together is admittedly tricky, I can already hear Pulis ruling it out because it would cost us our defensive balance, but honestly I'm past caring. Give it a bloody try, if we get pumped it won't feel any worse than the Rotherham, Wycombe or Barnsley games did.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wednesday  form : D-D-D-L-L-L

Reason for optimism 1:

It would make a pretty pattern if we then went W-W-W

Reason for optimism 2:

56 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.0293ca05b17318140199bdfa7b9a6bc4.png

Nottingham Forest possible starting lineup:
Samba

Christie   Worrall   Soh   Ribiero

Yates   Cafu

Lolley   Arter   Ameobi

Taylor

Cafu must be about 50.

Although I remember a 40-year old Peter Beagrie running rings around us once for Scunthorpe so anything is possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Anyone else at the point where they would rather eat their own leg than watch us.......

Thanks Snoots.

It's another one of those must win games........

I'm not bothered how we play, as long as we don't lose.

They can kick it in the Trent for 90 minutes as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be happy with a draw in this one, as it keeps us in touch.

We'll not make any headway until new players come in, that's pretty obvious now.

But we need to be able to persuade players to join us, and that's not going to happen if we're too far adrift.

• Like 3

Hopefully having played  a good hour or so for this club, Chey Dunkley has realised that his final pass along the back line to Tom Lees will result in a 75 yard hoof to the opposition goalkeeper at best.

..unlike the last 3 managers over the last 3 years.

• Haha 1

you just hope they are far more nervous then we are and we get a good foothold in the game early.  

On the verge of losing a lot of hope but......the only way we can win it is 1-0 with a late goal without having much time to hang on to the lead.

So based on that:  1-0 reach(85)

We have some great crack in NZ

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Regarding your second poll - I think we all came to the conlucsion long ago that scoring goals is largely beyond us.

Without one hell of a striking acquisition in January that's probably going to remain the case, but I do think our best chance of carrying a threat is combining Brown and Windass' creative abilities, preferably plus one more striker for them to bounce off (probably has to be Paterson, not that he's looked great so far). 

Getting those three in the team together is admittedly tricky, I can already hear Pulis ruling it out because it would cost us our defensive balance, but honestly I'm past caring. Give it a bloody try, if we get pumped it won't feel any worse than the Rotherham, Wycombe or Barnsley games did.

I'm inclined to agree, but not against Forest because it's a six-pointer.

It's a must-not-lose fixture.

We need to stay in touch to be able to convince players to sign.

• Like 2

Yesterday I agreed to go out for supper with my wife tonight.... in normal circumstances I would never agree to go out for supper on a night that Wednesday are playing . I’m no company, always checking my phone, totally preoccupied... that sort of thing. 
But right now it will be a blessed relief, I might as well take the opportunity before we are all confined to barracks again.

Also... Forest, ain’t won this century, probably got a striker that hasn’t scored for two years.

3-0 home win with non scoring striker getting a brace.

• Love 1

If we are not going to go for it against Forest, then we never will.  We'll see every game as "take a draw" until we realise the season is over.

3-1 Wednesday, Houghton sacked in the morning, Pulis sacked on Friday for improving the form, Wednesday hire Houghton and then we go on to the playoffs, with Pelupessy as man of the season, Paterson with the Golden Boot, Dawson with the Golden Gloves and international call ups all round.

Tonight is the night that the Owl becomes the woodpecker.

• Like 2