Dom’s team V Dingles

Guest Kagoshimaowl
32 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That’s exactly what I’d play. 4 huge defenders a as bad play for set plays and lob them all up there.

42 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I genuinely think we have the worst quality of full backs in the league , it’s one of the many issues at the club 

your not wrong. , wernt odd job last fullback we signed? a couple of years ago? we have the worst full backs , the worst strikers , the worst wingers(wide players who can deliver a ball) and dont get me started about our power puff centre mids with captain hopeless bannan 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Best hope is a iorfa Penney combination, but as we know Dom plays cb usually and is a miss centrally then , and hasn’t played RB since his early days for us

what has penney done wrong? just dont get it , that lad cant possibly be as bad as the garbage we have. give him a game, play izzy brown even rhodes whats to lose? nothing ,at least have a bloody go or it be curtains soon anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

your not wrong. , wernt odd job last fullback we signed? a couple of years ago? we have the worst full backs , the worst strikers , the worst wingers(wide players who can deliver a ball) and dont get me started about our power puff centre mids with captain hopeless bannan 

But apart from that we’ve a great team yes? 
😀😀

That’s an OK line up, but it’s how Pulis will use it  If we sit off and let Barnsley have the ball, they like most teams in this division, have enough quality players to create goals. That’s the problem with Pulis’s game plan, it presumes that sides will go about breaking us down, in the way they did ten years ago. It’s not like that any more I’m afraid, as Pulis is finding out. Sit back, and Barnsley will take the points

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I genuinely think we have the worst quality of full backs in the league , it’s one of the many issues at the club 

Do you mean the centre halves that are playing as full backs like Iorfa and Van Aken.

Or the full backs that rarely get selected like Penney and Palmer.

I tend to agree though and think the answer is to revert to three centre backs with wing backs Odubajo right and either Reach or Penney left. It also allows an extra central midfielder.

That would make best use of the  current squad at least until it can be rebalanced in January......hopefully.

• Like 1