Tony Pulis post match comments

6 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Going to have to disagree with you. Plenty blaming monk and the players. Neither of those decided to play a back 6 and bring Joey on to chase a game

If anyone thinks he sent Pelupessy on to chase the game they've been eating too many Skittles.

Clearly it was a damage limitation exercise by that stage. 

We could have sent on Prime Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer in the second half but it would have had no effect when the other 9 were all putting in their worst individual performances of the season. 

I don't like it any more than you do. But there are times when you know a performance is so bad that keeping it to two is about the best the night is going to offer. 

It's simple his defensive tactics are doomed.... teams are finding a way through and the few attacks won't bring goals. They did try to get forward In the 2nd half but they now look like a side who are starting to believe we are going down....... got to score goals to lift things not bloody defend and give goals away anyway. Wrong choice and we are getting worse...... Monk had to go but under him we could defend but not score (which was better than the abysmal defending last season) now we try to play deep don't  score and crumble under the pressure we bring on to ourselves. Needs to have a drastic change or we will go down. Just hope results go our way tomorrow night.....

Guest LondonOwl313

It’s basically just people who didn’t want him using recent results to give themselves the satisfaction of saying they’re right.

Lets be honest, we all know the clubs a bit of a mess top to bottom. What it needs is an old school manager who can both maximise a poor playing squad and has the gravitas to tell the chairman exactly how it is and what needs to change behind the scenes. Pulis is the only one I can think of who fits that description who would come here (and he’s now already in the job). We’d have no chance of attracting any of the other big name managers like a Bruce or an Allardyce, so the only other options are the pretenders like Monk.

People criticising playing style and saying we should bring in a foreign coach to play possession football or fast counterattacking football are in cloud cuckoo land. We just don’t have the players.. such a manager would come in, be a yes man to Chansiri and get no results with the current squad and then nothing would change.

Yes tonight was bad.. but the first 5 games were ok against superior opposition. We need to give him more time than that.. could do with 5 wins from the next 8 which on paper all look possible as that would get us on track. If in 6 weeks time we don’t achieve that or close to it we’re probably going down.

At least Pulis will get the ball rolling on making the necessary structural changes behind the scenes. He has the experience and won’t take the bs. Deserves more of a chance than what most of the fans have given him, the last 4 games before tonight we were expected to lose yet we drew 3 of them. Let’s give him another half a dozen games before we call this a bad start at least 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not as sick as we are having to watch it 

lol

I am being serious i honestly think something is wrong. Never seen Bannan not at it like he was today. Seen him play poor, send every long ball out of play.

But today it looked like he wasn't bothered if he was on that pitch at all. That's worrying. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Definitely

Whether they were trying more under Monk can be argued about but they were performing better that’s absolutely 100% fact as it’s in every stat you could look at 

They may well have preferred Monk for all we know. 

May have been 'playing for him'. 

Sadly his absolute wastage of Reach as a striker and his constant tinkering of wing backs that weren't wing backs, and not least the experiment with Van Aken as the most left footed right sided sweeper in the history of the game meant that they could do their absolute best for him, but his ideas worked against their efforts. 

Sad but true. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If anyone thinks he sent Pelupessy on to chase the game they've been eating too many Skittles.

Clearly it was a damage limitation exercise by that stage. 

We could have sent on Prime Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer in the second half but it would have had no effect when the other 9 were all putting in their worst individual performances of the season. 

I don't like it any more than you do. But there are times when you know a performance is so bad that keeping it to two is about the best the night is going to offer. 

What a load of rubbish. Damage limitation against the mighty Huddersfield? I don’t know if you watched tonight but they were garbage. If we showed some positivity and really had a go we could have got something

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhh here it comes 

Pull out the 'agenda' word when faced with unsurmountable evidence that Pulis is saying he can't manage the players at his disposal

When anyone ever posts the 'you've got an agenda' what that always means = you win. I've got nothing.

Sorry but there's no agenda at all here 

I just think that after six full games without shots on target never mind goals and never mind actual WINS that the brand new manager then says that it's not is fault but we need a whole new squad

No chance I'm accepting that from ANY manager who's been here for just 6 games and made things WORSE than the manager before him

No way he's worse than Monk

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Thats the big thing for me. They didn't look bothered. Like they were sick of the way he wanted them to play already.

We'll see how they respond against our six fingered chums from over Crane Moor.

I'll be surprised if even this team can put in as insipid a performance two games on the bounce.

If they do then it's time for us to start scouting the best players League one has to offer in preparation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigger Guns said:

What a load of rubbish. Damage limitation against the mighty Huddersfield? I don’t know if you watched tonight but they were garbage. If we showed some positivity and really had a go we could have got something

The Mighty Huddersfield?

I did watch tonight and what I saw is that they were a better team than us with better players than us.

We have to forget our historical notions of them being a small club up the road.

They have a better team and better players. As their league position and tonight's result, and performance testifies too.

It's a mentality entrenched in our game. I often think our huge KOP and excellent attendances blurs our vision about who we should be beating and who we shouldn't.

A huge club with our history etc etc.

The same trap England fell into expecting they should hammer a football backwater like Hungary, before we got our arris's handed to us. Because they were better...

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am being serious i honestly think something is wrong. Never seen Bannan not at it like he was today. Seen him play poor, send every long ball out of play.

But today it looked like he wasn't bothered if he was on that pitch at all. That's worrying. 

Yeah true

Was only today though to be fair

Last game he was totally different 

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pelupessy was brought in to replace Semedo

At the time there were people at the club very opposed to the move but were overrruled

Opposed to allowing Semedo to go or opposed to Joey coming in?  

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We'll see how they respond against our six fingered chums from over Crane Moor.

I'll be surprised if even this team can put in as insipid a performance two games on the bounce.

If they do then it's time for us to start scouting the best players League one has to offer in preparation.

Really don’t want to contemplate league 1.. just have a feeling we’d struggle to come back. The new wage structure is a hammer blow to the bigger clubs.

When we dropped down there first time it was the fans who dragged us back up in 2005. Then last time in 2012 it was a combination of Manderic’s money and the fact that Utd were there, it gave us that extra bit of spice.

If we go down this time we have stale ownership as Chansiri will lose interest and we have a fan base that’s aged, is frustrated and ripped off. Add to that the lack of spending allowed and we could fade away and not come back anytime soon

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, pazowl55 said:

Only ever today. Where he has almost given up. Our Captain. 

Add that to the Hidalgo situation.

Something is not right.

He might just be carrying an injury from last week and didn’t want to put the hard yards in and make it worse.. better to ease off as the game was gone 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

He might just be carrying an injury from last week and didn’t want to put the hard yards in and make it worse.. better to ease off as the game was gone 

Thats what I was going to put and is what I am hoping. Was taken off aswell and he rarely is, so this fits with that also.

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Only ever today. Where he has almost given up. Our Captain. 

Add that to the Hidalgo situation.

Something is not right.

When is it ever right?

FFP, point deductions, players out of contract, players not getting paid on time, bust ups, players frozen out, players not playing at Christmas, players refusing to get on the team coach, players getting done for racist attacks etc etc etc etc 

Last six years has been a roller coaster of whacky madness 

We used to have a club secretary called Alan Sykes. He was the nicest but the dullest man you could ever meet. He could send you to sleep within eight seconds of meeting him.  

Not a criticism at all he was lovely but like a really nice kind quiet  old grandad type 

I had to sit In meetings with him regularly and wish I was doing something more exciting like cut my toenails or eat my own hair

I longed for thrills and spills at the club whe he was here

Let me state for the record that right now I would give anything to be able to go back to the times of sitting in the meeting Rooms at Hillsborough nodding off to Alan Sykes than to have to try and cope with the sheer chaos that has been our club in recent years 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Really don’t want to contemplate league 1.. just have a feeling we’d struggle to come back. The new wage structure is a hammer blow to the bigger clubs.

When we dropped down there first time it was the fans who dragged us back up in 2005. Then last time in 2012 it was a combination of Manderic’s money and the fact that Utd were there, it gave us that extra bit of spice.

If we go down this time we have stale ownership as Chansiri will lose interest and we have a fan base that’s aged, is frustrated and ripped off. Add to that the lack of spending allowed and we could fade away and not come back anytime soon

It's an awful reality. But one that we must realistically keep an eye on and one for which me must have a planned strategy should the worst happen. 

To drop down there with no plan would be a disaster. 

The new wage structure could make things awkward. Though may also have some benefits.

It would stop us throwing silly money as has been fakirs and hawkers after a bumper pay day.

And...and this is a if.  If some lower league players have the option two clubs offering the same wages the appeal of joining a club of Wednesdays size and history over a smaller club , might.....just might work in our favour. 

As you say. That's something for us to worry about if we end up there. 

But the club....the club must plan for that awful scenario.