Masterclass defending

10 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

That’s where experience counts. Said in interview he wanted to wait until half time for changes as he has a set up for ten men against a team who relish one on one situations...

Imagine if we'd got someone in who's doing well with, say, Exeter or Plymouth.

Young, hungry, something to prove.

... and no experience.

lol

Terrific defending. Backs to the wall. None of the ball.

Absolute mental fortitude required, something that I wasn't sure we had this last few years.

Had it in spades tonight though.

You can tell when the players believe in a managers instruction. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Terrific defending. Backs to the wall. None of the ball.

Absolute mental fortitude required, something that I wasn't sure we had this last few years.

Had it in spades tonight though.

You can tell when the ref believes in a managers instruction. 

• Haha 1

We got lucky with the penalties second half but it was a good defensive and organisational effort.

I’ve barely seen a team play deeper than us under Pulis, even with 11 men we don’t press the ball at all.

For centre halves playing against us they’ll have a few long throws to defend but other than that it’s the easiest game they’ll have all season. There’s no attacking movement from us or pressing in their half 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

We got lucky with the penalties second half but it was a good defensive and organisational effort.

I’ve barely seen a team play deeper than us under Pulis, even with 11 men we don’t press the ball at all.

For centre halves playing against us they’ll have a few long throws to defend but other than that it’s the easiest game they’ll have all season. There’s no attacking movement from us or pressing in their half 

We should have lost that really and I agree.

This is one of my major concerns at the moment. I noticed it straight away at Preston, but thought with it being away/his first match, we were going to grow into it, the red card hampered that. I thought we could have gone 4-4-1 instead of 5-3-1 and got at least a point, as Preston were poor and hadn't won all season at home. We didn't even really go all out ect. at the end either. Swansea was great. The Stoke match was like Preston. I thought we were gonna be more attacking ect. at home, but we sat very deep again and only started pressing around the half way line. I understand that Stoke have been good on paper, but were poor that match. I feel that we could have got a win, if we showed more attacking intent. The games after Norwich are gonna be the real test. If we are still playing defensive/cautious against teams near us and trying to win 1-0 or draw, we are going to have problems. If we do let's hope he can bring in some of his type of players in January and start trying to win/have more control of games because too many draws are gonna relegate us. People are feeling very confident about staying up, but I'm not feeling that confident after so far seeing how we are setting up/playing.