First press conference 3pm tomorrow

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Will we have to subscribe to The Star to be able to see it? It's about time they made it straightforward to read their articles. 

Correct cause they aren't worth paying for. 

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Took me a while to find it. 

Screenshot_20201115_204319.jpg

I think I remember that to be fair.

Wasn’t that when we had the likes of Kavanagh, Sahar, Songo’o, Slusarski, Showumni all on loan after we sold Whelan to Stoke in the same year? Brian Laws couldn’t keep track of who was on loan and who wasn’t.

lol

• Haha 1

I’m interested to see how he plays this, no bullish!t, tell it how you see it, I’ll respect that.

Uninspiring to many.

Underwhelming, yes.

Exciting, definitely not.

However, he should be the antidote to many of our frailties and that in itself would be a kind of progress. I wouldn’t bet against him restoring some pride in the shirt.

I see it as a reset.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Django said:

Bet he’s buzzing. After all these years he’s finally landed a job at a big club 

I wonder if that was part of the discussion with the chairman and what Chansiri said to him?

"Come in Mr Pulis. Sit down and have a drink (of Elev8 of course)"

"Thank you Mr Chairman. Firstly can I say what a great honour it is to be interviewed for such a big job"

"Excuse me?"

"I was just saying.. it's a great honour to come and talk to you here. I've a lot of time for Sheffield Wednesday. It's such a massive club"

"What did you say?"

" I was just saying Mr Chairman what a great club this is. Its a huge club isn't it!"

"GET OUT - WE ARE NOT AS BIG AS YOU THINK WE ARE - FFS"

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

The cringeworthy thing will be a fair few people on here will love what he says and adore the fact he talks sense while at the same time coming across as a master tactician and an all round good egg.

Couldn't give a damn whay he says in this press conference, its results that matter and nothing else 

Well I will bet a pound to a pinch of poo it will be the best press conference of the year so far. Then again if it’s worse than any of monks I’m joining the Pulis out gang straight away

Is TP the man to bring us sustained success???

I don’t know , but I know one thing for sure if he gives us the same success that he gave Stoke city the man will go down in S6 folklore !!! 
I hope he does , irrespective of people’s opinions on his  style of football if he gives us 25+ 1-0 crappy wins I’ll be one happy owl .

To put a different slant on it ??? When we have not been to a match ( work and family commitments etc) the first thing you ask is WHAT WAS THE SCORE !! WHO SCORED !! If the reply is we won 1-0 and ???? scored we are  all happy Owls !!! no one asks how did we play , what was the formation oh and did the manager have his cap on .

• Love 1