Four genuine questions for our TOWIP friends

Why assume that only Tony Pulis can keep us up? Out of all the managers we could realistically have employed?

Why assume that Charles Hughes football is the only style that can keep us up?

Why assume that Charles Hughes football will suit Moses, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken, Luongo, Bannan, FDB, Brown, Reach, Marriott ? None of whom have probably ever played that way before? 

Whats wrong with wanting to watch your team score goals? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Who's Charles Hughes?

The now deceased and much  maligned former FA director of coaching.

Often blamed with England never producing any players who could control a ball and cited as the reason long ball coaches were so prominent in the 1980s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He isn’t. He’s one of several. He is one of the most likely of the candidates to keep us up. Several were more of a gamble. I don’t want us to gamble this season of all seasons. Football is in a terrible financial mess and L1 will be a dangerous place next season.

It isn’t. But if it’s what we get from the guy who is highly likely to keep us up it’s fine by me.

Because it’s worked in every squad Pulis has gone into. A better question would be to you...why do you think our players will be the exception?

We haven’t been scoring goals.

We scored 22 in 22 (including 3 goals twice) from Jan.

Then 6 in 11 this season.

We scored 58 in 19/20 overall.

We scored 60 in 18/19

We scored 59 in 17/18

Pulis teams average 55 in the Championship. We won’t notice a difference.

Why do you think our players will be the exception?

I didn’t say our players will be an exception. There have been many posts over the last few days stating that our players are so bad that they can only win matches playing Charles Hughes football. I’m asking why people believe that given for example, Van Aken and Borner will never have played that way in Holland and Germany. bBroen and FDB will never have played that way at Chelsea or City. It may be very hard for them and others to adapt. Pulis had his success in 90’s and 00’s when most players would have been coached to play Charles Hughes football. At least in their formative years. 

You are right, we haven’t been scoring goals. Hence my question why we would want to continue in that vein with a new appointment when we could’ve selected a manager with an attacking philosophy and a record of scoring more goals. It’s only my personal opinion but I didn’t enjoy watching Wednesday under Monk or Jos. Therefore with this appointment I wanted to “notice a difference”. Others may not. And that’s fine 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I think we've done the negativity around Pulis to death. Time to give the man a chance and see how we go.

I get it but moaning about it doesn't get us anywhere. 

Hope your not referring to me. Not moaning. Asking 4 genuine questions to help me, and hopefully others, understand why TOWIP?