Pulis in before the weekend

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

If he keeps us up I would be pretty sure that he will get a longer deal, although knowing DC he will probably hand Pulis a long term deal now. 

Possible. But he’s experienced enough to know that the appointment won’t be universally popular. Megson is the obvious one, Sam Ellis another. Woodgate is a long shot. 

As much as I want to be entertained by someone like Cook,  I’m thinking that we are that much in as mess that we need an experienced manager like Pulis. 

A need should always take precedence over a want. It’s depressing but Pulis is the logical choice. We’re in a position where we need commitment, organisation and wins and not pretty football the might take a while to establish. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The players are going to hate playing under Pulis imo. Just listen to ex players interviews about him 

Liam Lawrence on Tony Pulis...

“It was brilliant at Stoke," he told Jonny Drury in an interview. "Tony had a vision and I bought into it and we went up that year when no one gave us a chance. 

“We surprised a lot of people when we got to the Premier League.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Liam Lawrence on Tony Pulis...

“It was brilliant at Stoke," he told Jonny Drury in an interview. "Tony had a vision and I bought into it and we went up that year when no one gave us a chance. 

“We surprised a lot of people when we got to the Premier League.

Barry Bannan has spoken about the time Tony Pulis walked into his last club to take over it

“Tony Pulis came in, so right up my street,” Bannan said, sarcastically.

He grabbed me in half way through the season and was like, if I was managing a team that was going to play football you would be the first name in my team but we’re fighting for our lives so..'

So I knew from then on that this wasn’t going to be the club for me.

“I can safely say that the two managers that came in during my time there, after Holloway (Pulis and Neil Warnock), were probably, in my eyes, the worst managers for the way I play.”

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And every single one of those brown nosing him right now  just because he's new will be moaning 

For me this is the most important decision DC will make during his tenure at the club, teetering on the edge of possibly dropped into L1 no supporters reduced revenue and listening to DC the other day how long can he keep pumping money in to the club, this appointment is key to the survival of the club I hope to god he gets it right it might seem a bit over dramatic but that's how it feels to me.

26 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Shall we let the new manager actually be appointed before he’s written off ? 

Whether it’s Pulis or someone else, perhaps judge him on his actual record whilst our manager over more than a handful of games ? 

The number of posters writing Pulis off already and bleating like spoilt five year olds is a joke. 

WAWAW ? 

Well said. The amount of bed wetting on here from the usual suspects is painful to read.  If they want to make the manager choice then they better find a couple of hundred million pounds down the back of the sofa pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Well said. The amount of bed wetting on here from the usual suspects is painful to read.  If they want to make the manager choice then they better find a couple of hundred million pounds down the back of the sofa pretty quickly.

YEY!!!!!!!!!!

FULL HOUSE!!!

• Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And every single one of those brown nosing him right now  just because he's new will be moaning 

Brown nosing? Seriously!?

I think it’s just a case of fans who realise the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in and know that success this season will now be measured on our ability to avoid relegation.

Pulis wasn’t my first choice, there are certainly more exciting appointments out these but our priority is staying up by any means necessary and I believe Pulis will achieve that.

If this is a contract until the end of the season, it makes perfect sense. It gives the club chance to review the situation and then perhaps make a plan for the medium to long term of the club.

I’m not going to join these fans who are crying about his style of football, many of who probably sit there on a Saturday afternoon shouting “get it forard” for 90 minutes. Results are key now and how we get them (in the short term) is secondary.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan has spoken about the time Tony Pulis walked into his last club to take over it

“Tony Pulis came in, so right up my street,” Bannan said, sarcastically.

He grabbed me in half way through the season and was like, if I was managing a team that was going to play football you would be the first name in my team but we’re fighting for our lives so..'

So I knew from then on that this wasn’t going to be the club for me.

“I can safely say that the two managers that came in during my time there, after Holloway (Pulis and Neil Warnock), were probably, in my eyes, the worst managers for the way I play.”

I remember John Sheridan saying something similar about Wilko when the latter moved in at Leeds...

Ironically, it's the likes of 'Olly, Colin and Pulis who have the profiles to save us from the drop.

Like Pulis and his football or not, our chances of staying in this league look a whole lot better than they did 24 hours ago.

I cannot understand anyone who would prioritize presentation over points.

Spend over £100 million and beggar the fans to wind up in the Third, and never know when you're going to get out again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1