Pulis in before the weekend

7 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

i could see something like

Dawson
Palmer Lees Flint Borner

Windlass Pelupessy Luongo Reach

Patterson Marriott

That line up makes me want to lift my eyelids right up, get a matchbox, get the rough side that you strike matches on, and just rub it all over my eyeballs as hard as humanly possible 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That line up makes me want to lift my eyelids right up, get a matchbox, get the rough side that you strike matches on, and just rub it all over my eyeballs as hard as humanly possible 

Now you know how we felt.

it was only the booze and drugs that got me through it 

lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, George said:

Well it's not who I want but he probably will be more successful than most. Easily the best CV of anyone we have had (Bruce aside) since KPS.

I do feel sorry for youngsters who follow Wednesday now. Not only is the team poo compared to when I was growing up, but we haven't played good football since fizz knows when.

It was only a few years ago under CC to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markg said:

We cannot afford to go down

Appointment until end of season makes total sense. I cant think of any negatives 

Wait till he sees the ticket revenue when he asks £40 to watch a Pulis team. 

We'll always have a core support, but crowds aren't going to flock back to watch poo . We've put up with a lot, but for many this appointment would be taking the ******** and the final straw. 

• Thanks 1

Well this has certainly caused a great divide, hope he has an instant impact and saves us from the drop or there will be bedlam on here.

Good thing is before we can attend Hillsborough again all will be decided so in the meantime watch if you want.

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Well this has certainly caused a great divide, hope he has an instant impact and saves us from the drop or there will be bedlam on here.

Good thing is before we can attend Hillsborough again all will be decided so in the meantime watch if you want.

Fan Base would have been divided period ,  plenty would have been against Cook/Pearson or Lowe 

39 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

characters. Players who will not rock the boat. No ego’s

He will have players who he knows he can squeeze every inch of. He can make ordinary players good players within his system.

his major issue will be to address central midfield - his two midfield options have to form part of his “central four block”. Two centre halves and two central midfielders. It requires discipline not someone who will stray from instructions. 

and whatever else, they will no doubt be British based.

I cannot see him being fans of the likes of Bannan, Brown, Rhodes, Kachunga.

He will love the likes of Pelupessey, Reach, Palmer, Patterson etc

Sort of what I thought too. Though I hope to god he prefers Luongo to Pessy in that holding role. Other spot has to be Bannan but can he be disciplined enough?

Should we expect 2 strikers, with Marriott playing off Patterson, or will Patterson be ploughing a lone furrow?

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would be nice to strive for (And appoint) a manager who can do both though ideally

I've been watching football for a long time.

I've only seen this happen twice.

Newcastle in the "love it" mini era and Manchester City destroying teams with near perfect football.

In England.

It's a rarity.