Pulis in before the weekend

If it is Pulis then I do wonder how much of an impact the current climate has on the decision making process. With everything going on in, has there ever been a worse time to be relegated into League One than this summer? The sport is in financial meltdown, and I think most of us agree that it's the thin end of the wedge right now and the worst is yet to come for several EFL clubs in the not too distant future. 12 months from now, how many of us would be surprised if not all of the current 72 are even still afloat? Throw in the salary cap business (who knows how that will impact things over the next few seasons) and it feels like the most unstable time in football in yonks. 

For a Club already in a pretty unhealthy financial position, DC must absolutely sh*tting himself at the prospect of relegation. 

Ideally I want something more forward thinking than Pulis. A bit more progressive (wouldn't take much would it?!). But the likes of Lowe or others linked could certainly be seen as a gamble. Pulis feels like the safe, risk averse play...as boring and potentially dour to watch as it may be.

If it is him then like many I hope it's a short term deal with a longer term strategy to be developed between now and the summer.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would be nice to strive for (And appoint) a manager who can do both though ideally

Agreed.

Several years ago, if we could have strengthened at the back, then that's exactly what I'd have wanted.

But at the moment, with the standard of players we currently have, the only thing on my mind is staying in the division.

I've just been watching a documentary about Pulis, and he says that it's not just about good footballers, it's about good characters.

My concern is if we have enough of those at the club.

44 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Very much so. 

He can get the maximum out of Reach for what he needs. 

deep defensive cover, discipline, nothing risky in possession and he will work really aaaaard..

i could see something like

Dawson

Palmer Lees Flint Borner

Windlass Pelupessy Luongo Reach

Patterson Marriott

lol

Guest Theboylangers
4 hours ago, Lincowl said:

We already are used to it. Only goalscoring comes from the penaltyspot.

Indeed. 

Listening to the results, I could swear we've been renamed Sheffield  Wednesdaynil. 

18 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

If it is Pulis then I do wonder how much of an impact the current climate has on the decision making process. With everything going on in, has there ever been a worse time to be relegated into League One than this summer? The sport is in financial meltdown, and I think most of us agree that it's the thin end of the wedge right now and the worst is yet to come for several EFL clubs in the not too distant future. 12 months from now, how many of us would be surprised if not all of the current 72 are even still afloat? Throw in the salary cap business (who knows how that will impact things over the next few seasons) and it feels like the most unstable time in football in yonks. 

For a Club already in a pretty unhealthy financial position, DC must absolutely sh*tting himself at the prospect of relegation. 

Ideally I want something more forward thinking than Pulis. A bit more progressive (wouldn't take much would it?!). But the likes of Lowe or others linked could certainly be seen as a gamble. Pulis feels like the safe, risk averse play...as boring and potentially dour to watch as it may be.

If it is him then like many I hope it's a short term deal with a longer term strategy to be developed between now and the summer.

longer term strategy doesn’t really go with Chansiri unfortunately 

Some of the comments on here.

Wowzers.

Some of you are going to be eating serious humble pie if Tony P does a job and keeps us up. Because make no mistake about it this side needs keeping up. 

All this dreamland nonsense about nigel Pearson (as if) and Ryan lowe. Jesus wept.

The business is in trouble.. big trouble finacially if we get relegated. That would put us back years. With this in mind we are also effectively bottom of the league and have been in free fall since boxing day. We need help. Someone with experience decent win/game ratio (1.6 per game last job) and a track record of keeping teams up is a major bonus. Now is no time to be handing young inexperienced managers a crack. 

Get him in.. keep us up.. and regroup in summer.

Some of our fans are behind embarrassing...

sickening apparently.. I hope they bring him in simply to pi$% you off

If sacking a very poor results based manager for an experienced prenierleague manager to save us from a potential disaster is sickening..then you have a problem

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

It just baffles me how DC bangs on about style of football , and we are about to appoint Pullis 

don’t get me wrong - I think pulis could be a shrewd appointment if only till end of season , but I don’t get DC

It's clear from the crap we've seen for years that style of play is well down the pecking order....and now Pulis, which is the final nail in shattering that particular illusion.  

There is nothing shrewd about this. It's purely driven by DC's supposed global advisors, that being Paxo finally getting his way with his mate Pulis.

I've never seen such hatred towards a new manager before  and even those few begrudgingly supporting him only keen for a few months until the end of the season. What's the point of such short term thinking, if we're making a managerial change, let's do the job right rather than a stop gap and one which is going to turn even more of the fanbase against DC. 

Just now, Markowski77 said:

It just baffles me how DC bangs on about style of football , and we are about to appoint Pullis 

don’t get me wrong - I think pulis could be a shrewd appointment if only till end of season , but I don’t get DC

Because chansiri will be selling up at the end of the season .... Pearson .. Cook ... Howe would have wanted 3 year deals ...Pulis is in ... to keep us up ..so chansiri  sell up 

7 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Some of the comments on here.

Wowzers.

Some of you are going to be eating serious humble pie if Tony P does a job and keeps us up. Because make no mistake about it this side needs keeping up. 

All this dreamland nonsense about nigel Pearson (as if) and Ryan lowe. Jesus wept.

The business is in trouble.. big trouble finacially if we get relegated. That would put us back years. With this in mind we are also effectively bottom of the league and have been in free fall since boxing day. We need help. Someone with experience decent win/game ratio (1.6 per game last job) and a track record of keeping teams up is a major bonus. Now is no time to be handing young inexperienced managers a crack. 

Get him in.. keep us up.. and regroup in summer.

Some of our fans are behind embarrassing...

sickening apparently.. I hope they bring him in simply to pi$% you off

If sacking a very poor results based manager for an experienced prenierleague manager to save us from a potential disaster is sickening..then you have a problem

WE ARE 1 WIN FROM CLIMBING OUT THE RELEGATION ZONE WITH 35 GAMES TO GO

Weve just booted out a terrible manager

Were not up against it with 6 games to go to save us from the drop 

We have 35 games, 35!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevelknievel said:

Just checking, that’s Pearson who came in for Nando, when at Derby and messed his head up and then worked with his mate Hirst senior to shaft the club over George?

You do what’s best for your employer at the time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa

He doesn’t sound convinced about taking the job according to this from just over an hour ago or so.......

https://talksport.com/football/efl/787929/pulis-advanced-talks-sheffield-wednesday-monk-axed/

Good, hopefully he has a read of this thread. 

Most don't want him, some will begrudgingly accept him until the end of the season, the take the hint. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa

He doesn’t sound convinced about taking the job according to this from just over an hour ago or so.......

https://talksport.com/football/efl/787929/pulis-advanced-talks-sheffield-wednesday-monk-axed/

had to convince someone like Pulis to take the job. Dear me. I wonder how much £££ it took to convince him.