Pulis in before the weekend

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Big fullbacks is the stand out there. Can see him moving Iorfa and possibly Paterson to fullback. Flint and Dunkley eventually centre half. This isn’t going to be pretty and I can see a unit getting brought in up front ASAP. Gestede can sign as he’s a free agent and bizarrely Ryan Shotton is playing at Leek Town. 

I think you’re right.

Reach on the left - orthodox winger and Windass on the right playing more a supporting forward role with a couple of runners in midfield.

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The run of dreadful results was down to our manager 

We need a new manager who isn’t going to replicate the dire defensive system and Pulis will 

We don’t need a manager to the end of the season 

We need a manager to breathe some bloody life into this club and play some football that’s actually decent to watch

These players aren’t bad - theyve had the shackles on by Monk, someone with a more attacking mind will get results

To an extent yes.

But monk didn't send kadeem Karris out to miss hit every cross either.

Or borner to lose the ability to play football.

Or Dawson to act like its his first day in the job either 

The list goes on

I'm very happy to be proved wrong

22 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

How do you know this is not part of a longer term plan? Maybe Pulis stabilizes the club this season and there is a target lined up to take us forward next?

At this stage we are not that attractive, minimal budget, relegation spot etc. As I said in another post keep us in the league, plan for next year. 

Lest just get behind who it is and stop whining. 

Yeah and maybe I'm the queen of sheeba. Get real this is DC we are talking about.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't know where to begin. I think it best to leave you to witness a manager who does genuinely love boring, negative football. 

Pulis hasn't been a premier League manager for nearly 4 years and we are not in the premier League. Why not ask the west brom fans about Pulis, or the Boro fans as his most recent clubs.

No joint here pal, don't touch the stuff. My opinion based in reality, no conspiracy...just an abhorrent decision if he is appointed.

We need to stay up.

He can go in summer.

When we have someone ready to come in more long term

Not rocket science really

• Like 2

1 minute ago, benni8 said:

To an extent yes.

But monk didn't send kadeem Karris out to miss hit every cross either.

Or borner to lose the ability to play football.

Or Dawson to act like its his first day in the job either 

The list goes on

I'm very happy to be proved wrong

Think one point you’re missing is that the vast majority of managers on that list could probably keep this team up. I think some, including me, were looking for someone with a bit more than what Pulis has offered over a long career. This squad has obvious limitations but this league is bang average and we aren’t 5 games from the end of the season looking down a barrel. 

Personally, I’m tired of the conveyor belt of failed managers we seem to pick from. I’ll back him, but I wouldn’t have picked him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, markg said:

But we cant fo this season anyway. By the end of the season he has hopefully done his job and his contract will have ended 

So what's the point? 

We're one win away from safety with 30+ games to play. Hardly dire straights at this time. Thought DC's target was to move up the table and why he sacked monk. All of a sudden we need to pay Pulis a kings ransom to just save us from relegation....not a difficult task to make up 2/3 points on Wycombe and  Coventry over the course of almost a full season. 

We can still watch via ifollow, how many do you think will carry on doing so or would be rushing back when we can to hand over £40. If the answer is on the basis we will have a new manager, why not just appoint that manager now. 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Sporting Life are saying Pulis. Was as short as 1/6 before betting was suspended.

He went out to 7/4..then back in to 6/4..all this morning. Next time i looked, betting suspended....

Some big lumping was going on...still not official is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benni8 said:

We need to stay up.

He can go in summer.

When we have someone ready to come in more long term

Not rocket science really

Why can't we appoint that manager now? 

Is it really so daunting to make up 2/3 points on Wycombe/Coventry over 30+ games? 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Why can't we appoint that manager now? 

Is it really so daunting to make up 2/3 points on Wycombe/Coventry over 30+ games? 

Think you need to look further up the league. We are 6 points from 5th bottom. We could soon find ourselves in a 3 from 4 scenario

Also bear in mind Derby are on the brink of a billionaire taking over and will probably spend to get out of it in January 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

So what's the point? 

We're one win away from safety with 30+ games to play. Hardly dire straights at this time. Thought DC's target was to move up the table and why he sacked monk. All of a sudden we need to pay Pulis a kings ransom to just save us from relegation....not a difficult task to make up 2/3 points on Wycombe and  Coventry over the course of almost a full season. 

We can still watch via ifollow, how many do you think will carry on doing so or would be rushing back when we can to hand over £40. If the answer is on the basis we will have a new manager, why not just appoint that manager now. 

I think that chairman has too much to lose and darent risk it. He sees pullis someone who almost guarantees survival.

By the time they will be taking 40 quid to watch, he could be gone.

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Think you need to look further up the league. We are 6 points from 5th bottom. We could soon find ourselves in a 3 from 4 scenario

Also bear in mind Derby are on the brink of a billionaire taking over and will probably spend to get out of it in January 

Also get rid of the manager