Pulis in before the weekend

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

More short term thinking from this club.

Just for once could we have a bit of professional, progressive thinking with long term structures and plans put in place so we can see continuous improvement on and off the pitch instead of bumbling from one short sighted, short term disaster to another.

How do you know this is not part of a longer term plan? Maybe Pulis stabilizes the club this season and there is a target lined up to take us forward next?

At this stage we are not that attractive, minimal budget, relegation spot etc. As I said in another post keep us in the league, plan for next year. 

Lest just get behind who it is and stop whining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

WE ARE 1 WIN FROM CLIMBING OUT THE RELEGATION ZONE WITH 35 GAMES TO GO

Weve just booted out a terrible manager

Were not up against it with 6 games to go to save us from the drop 

We have 35 games, 35!

Exactly, we're a more attack minded manager away from being comfortably mid table by Christmas.

We've just binned one defence first negative manager to seemingly replace him with the most negative manager in the history of football. 

All this oh, he's ok to keep us up this season is nonsense. I really don't get this mindset, or why waste time making a short term appointment wasting the season.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

It's clear from the crap we've seen for years that style of play is well down the pecking order....and now Pulis, which is the final nail in shattering that particular illusion.  

There is nothing shrewd about this. It's purely driven by DC's supposed global advisors, that being Paxo finally getting his way with his mate Pulis.

I've never seen such hatred towards a new manager before  and even those few begrudgingly supporting him only keen for a few months until the end of the season. What's the point of such short term thinking, if we're making a managerial change, let's do the job right rather than a stop gap and one which is going to turn even more of the fanbase against DC. 

Lol..

Yeah because managers love to play boring football.. dear me.. style of play? Our players aren't gary hooper.. prime kerian Lee.and or prime nando anymore either. 

What fountain of magic does all this playing style magically come from.

The team is a bunch of misfits, crocks' youth and castaways with the odd exception and needs serious help from an experienced premierleague manager.

Put the joint down its not a conspiracy.

You have never seen such hatred?? Ha ha ha

I know a number of Wednesday fans who agree that needs must and its short term.. so its a decent safe bet.

so stop exaggerating.

and the fact you think its not long term???? 

If we don't stay up it won't matter anyway.. as there isn't much of a future.. so bringing him in IS actually longer term..

Get it now?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FYI this is the last team Pulis put out as Stoke manager way back when. Obviously built on that rock solid Huth/Shawcross pairing at the back but there are players within our squad who could take up the roles of some of that team I reckon. Certainly not the dull defensive lineup I would expect - Charlie Adam is out injured in that lineup so would usually be a starter which makes me think there’s room for Bannan in a Pulis team. I think we’re missing the target man tbh but as an example of an archetypal Pulis team I’m a little more reassured.

3D7E9739-4C00-44BC-AFC6-6981B0F9D591.png

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

had to convince someone like Pulis to take the job. Dear me. I wonder how much £££ it took to convince him. 

There are managers inundating the club with their interest, some decent and very credible candidates and we are spending our energy trying to persuade this bellend, who the majority of fans are vehemently against.... It beggers belief. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

WE ARE 1 WIN FROM CLIMBING OUT THE RELEGATION ZONE WITH 35 GAMES TO GO

Weve just booted out a terrible manager

Were not up against it with 6 games to go to save us from the drop 

We have 35 games, 35!

I'm sure our 2 wins at home in the last 12 months will go along way to flying up the league.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Exactly, we're a more attack minded manager away from being comfortably mid table by Christmas.

We've just binned one defence first negative manager to seemingly replace him with the most negative manager in the history of football. 

All this oh, he's ok to keep us up this season is nonsense. I really don't get this mindset, or why waste time making a short term appointment wasting the season.

Absolutely pointless bringing him in.

Were in dire need of someone making us creative up top and feeding better chances in from the midfield.

Bring in a manager who has a plan for the next couple of years and transfer windows - Cook or Lowe would offer the above no doubt. 

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

FYI this is the last team Pulis put out as Stoke manager way back when. Obviously built on that rock solid Huth/Shawcross pairing at the back but there are players within our squad who could take up the roles of some of that team I reckon. Certainly not the dull defensive lineup I would expect - Charlie Adam is out injured in that lineup so would usually be a starter which makes me think there’s room for Bannan in a Pulis team. I think we’re missing the target man tbh but as an example of an archetypal Pulis team I’m a little more reassured.

3D7E9739-4C00-44BC-AFC6-6981B0F9D591.png

Big fullbacks is the stand out there. Can see him moving Iorfa and possibly Paterson to fullback. Flint and Dunkley eventually centre half. This isn’t going to be pretty and I can see a unit getting brought in up front ASAP. Gestede can sign as he’s a free agent and bizarrely Ryan Shotton is playing at Leek Town. 

7 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Lol..

Yeah because managers love to play boring football.. dear me.. style of play? Our players aren't gary hooper.. prime kerian Lee.and or prime nando anymore either. 

The team is a bunch of misfits, crocks' youth and castaways with the odd exception and needs serious help from an experienced premierleague manager.

I know a number of Wednesday fans who agree that needs must and its short term.. so its a decent safe bet.

so stop exaggerating.

If we don't stay up it won't matter anyway.. as there isn't much of a future.. so bringing him in IS actually longer term..

Get it now?

Hallelujah!! Someone speaking sense!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

How do you know this is not part of a longer term plan? Maybe Pulis stabilizes the club this season and there is a target lined up to take us forward next?

At this stage we are not that attractive, minimal budget, relegation spot etc. As I said in another post keep us in the league, plan for next year. 

Lest just get behind who it is and stop whining. 

"

It’s understood the Owls had to work hard to convince Pulis this was the right move for him, who had reservations over taking the post." - He's entitled to reservations. So are we. 

4 minutes ago, benni8 said:

I'm fully aware.. hence the reason we are speaking about pulis. Whats your point?

The run of dreadful results was down to our manager 

We need a new manager who isn’t going to replicate the dire defensive system and Pulis will 

We don’t need a manager to the end of the season 

We need a manager to breathe some bloody life into this club and play some football that’s actually decent to watch

These players aren’t bad - theyve had the shackles on by Monk, someone with a more attacking mind will get results

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely pointless bringing him in.

Were in dire need of someone making us creative up top and feeding better chances in from the midfield.

Bring in a manager who has a plan for the next couple of years and transfer windows - Cook or Lowe would offer the above no doubt. 

Making us creative?

Neither Ryan Lowe or Nigel Pearson is a wizard. They aren't going to turn joey p into prime pirlo.

We are in dire need of staying up.2 wins at home all year. Rotherham 3 nil. Brentford mauling. Its all there for you.. cold harsh facts.. they are fragile and.not very talented.

Need a warnock.. and we are getting one but a but more boring. But we will do the same job

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Lol..

so stop exaggerating.

Get it now?

I don't know where to begin. I think it best to leave you to witness a manager who does genuinely love boring, negative football. 

Pulis hasn't been a premier League manager for nearly 4 years and we are not in the premier League. Why not ask the west brom fans about Pulis, or the Boro fans as his most recent clubs.

No joint here pal, don't touch the stuff. My opinion based in reality, no conspiracy...just an abhorrent decision if he is appointed.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Wait till he sees the ticket revenue when he asks £40 to watch a Pulis team. 

We'll always have a core support, but crowds aren't going to flock back to watch poo . We've put up with a lot, but for many this appointment would be taking the ******** and the final straw. 

But we cant fo this season anyway. By the end of the season he has hopefully done his job and his contract will have ended