Talk Sport

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I also had to start listening to Talk Sport when the Man United fans started to sound like they were talking about Wednesday.

Its become far too sureal even for me.

lol

And as for Jim White, I've  said for many years now, Jim White is a ####

Obnoxious bloke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lambownumber5 said:

Did anyone else listen to Jim White on Talkshite today? He mentioned on multiple occasions that he would be playing an interview of a phonecall he'd had with Chansiri so I was strung along listening to two dull hours of droning about the EFL bail out and the publication of agents fees. Unless I dropped off for 10 minutes; the interview was never played and no explanation was provided at the end of the show? 

Heads Gone ! Heads Gone ! Heads Gone ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Remember listening to it after the Brighton win. Goldstein and Cundy being d1cks with every wednesdayite that called in because they wanted brighton to win. Saying how unfair it was that they finished so far in front but still got beat.

Did you hear my brother pretend to be a genuine supporter and then when they wouldn’t play ball he mentioned Cundy’s wife and got cut off.

It's pretty awful. 

I used to listen to it a fair bit back in the day when I was at Uni (so mid-2000s) and then pretty much stopped after that, upon coming to the realisation it was by and large utter guff. 

Tried to listen to it again recently (what with us all being trapped in the house) and it was just as bad as ever. 

You'll get them talk some rubbish for 5 minutes and then you get some advert with a cockney talking about "the trade" (which I think is to do with hammers, nails and wood or something), then you get a "news" bulletin, then the travel and then another 5 minutes of them talking more rubbish. They then open the phone lines, where you get Steve, from Kent, who has been a Liverpool fan all his life and can't understand why they didn't sign Mbappe in the summer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I haven’t really listened to TalkSport much and haven’t listened to it at all for three or four years. Is Darren Gough still spouting 5h1t on there? He really did make me want to deliberately want to crash my car. 

He has a prime tine show with that sh!tstain Adrian Durham - who spent half of his so called career slating Wednesday. 

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He has a prime tine show with that sh!tstain Adrian Durham - who spent half of his so called career slating Wednesday. 

Durham is a man who, if he wanted to, could have been a very good journalist/radio presenter. 

Instead, he decided to go down the shock jock approach and has made a career out of spouting utter drivel to try and enrage people into phoning in. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Durham is a man who, if he wanted to, could have been a very good journalist/radio presenter. 

Instead, he decided to go down the shock jock approach and has made a career out of spouting utter drivel to try and enrage people into phoning in. 

Exactly. Gets paid for winding people up. 

At the other end of the scale they’ve got Alan Brazil who regularly sounds over served. 

But many lap it up. Especially all of those Essex Man Utd fans.

42 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Completely agree about Durham, reminds me a lot of James O'Brien, he'd have been good if he'd gone into political journalism.

Gough is just a loud mouthed Yorkshire man, like a poor man's Junior version of Geoffrey Boycott. 

The worst person on there though is Andy Goldstein, he's a right wind-up merchant. Him and Cundy are awful together. A pig mate does a lot of interviews because of the United podcast he does, he got asked to go on Goldstein and Cundy's show recently but turned it down as he knew they'd just take the piiss. 

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Remember listening to it after the Brighton win. Goldstein and Cundy being d1cks with every wednesdayite that called in because they wanted brighton to win. Saying how unfair it was that they finished so far in front but still got beat.

I was on that night.  Had a right row with them for ages.

• Haha 2