Is Tony Pulis the decoy this time?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.09.35.jpg

EmdEF-_W8AAxaqJ.jpg

There's always a decoy - always

Someone who becomes bookies favourite but then is nowhere to be seen when the appointment is made

Hope and pray Pulis is the decoy this time folks

i agree

for me, I feel the appointment is already pretty much sewn up 

Instantly all back room staff gone with Monk, no mention of Bullen or Thompson taking charge of first team affairs in the interim 

Manager will be appointed by Thursday for training Friday 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

I've been bewildered and even uninspired by managerial appointments we've made before, but never outright opposed.

I'm certainly outright opposed to appointing Pulis though.

Why?

We have a team with no pace, no creativity, no real money to change the situation and don't look like we are going to score many goals. 

to score goals and ultimately win games we are probably going to have heavily rely on set pieces

on that basis is Pulis such a bad short term appointment until next summer

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Why?

We have a team with no pace, no creativity, no real money to change the situation and don't look like we are going to score many goals. 

to score goals and ultimately win games we are probably going to have heavily rely on set pieces

YES

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.09.35.jpg

EmdEF-_W8AAxaqJ.jpg

There's always a decoy - always

Someone who becomes bookies favourite but then is nowhere to be seen when the appointment is made

Hope and pray Pulis is the decoy this time folks

DC has to show some ambition, Howe, Dyche, or laudrup

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Why?

I'd dispute we don't have enough creativity in the side.

In Bannan we have one of the most gifted midfielders at this level. There's much more to come from Brown too. We need a manager to find a way to get the most out of our better players and not one who's only trick is to take advantage of any height advantage we may happen to have in the odd game.

• Love 1

I’m surprised if it’s Pulis.

I don’t think he’s a bad manager at all, he just doesn’t play anything entertaining.

I don’t think we have a group of players that’s suited to his style either.

On top of that we reportedly spoke to him last season but he wasn’t interested. When arguably the job was more attractive than it currently is right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’m surprised if it’s Pulis.

I don’t think he’s a bad manager at all, he just doesn’t play anything entertaining.

I don’t think we have a group of players that’s suited to his style either.

On top of that we reportedly spoke to him last season but he wasn’t interested. When arguably the job was more attractive than it currently is right now. 

as has been said if DC didn’t like Bruce’s style of football how can he like Pulis? Although I think we should all know to take what DC says with a pinch of salt.