Is Tony Pulis the decoy this time?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

as has been said if DC didn’t like Bruce’s style of football how can he like Pulis? Although I think we should all know to take what DC says with a pinch of salt. 

It was a strange comment full stop. I always found Bruce’s football entertaining. But yes, if it’s to do with style then I wouldn’t have thought he would go for Pulis. 

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.09.35.jpg

EmdEF-_W8AAxaqJ.jpg

There's always a decoy - always

Someone who becomes bookies favourite but then is nowhere to be seen when the appointment is made

Hope and pray Pulis is the decoy this time folks

Pulis would be a good appointment, he'd bring discipline, structure and a way to win.

He may not be the pop;ular choice but his career record stands up with the best of what's available, and (not that it matters) he's a Wednesday fan as well.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cowl said:

I'd dispute we don't have enough creativity in the side.

In Bannan we have one of the most gifted midfielders at this level. There's much more to come from Brown too. We need a manager to find a way to get the most out of our better players and not one who's only trick is to take advantage of any height advantage we may happen to have in the odd game.

Bannan can't be relied on to create absolutely everything. He couldn't pass it to his own team mates in the first half Saturday never mind create anything

We have played nearly 25% of our fixtures and Brown has hardly figured yet. We can't rely on these players who play 1 game and miss 5 

5 minutes ago, gregjd said:

Would Pulis be more palatable if Megson was brought in alongside him? They've worked together in the past.

The trouble we're in at moment I think it would be a good appointment. 

Entertainment might not improve much but I think results would and this is what matters most. 

NO,NO,NO to Pulis,I live in North Yorkshire surrounded by Boro fans and they couldn't stand him,his interviews were cringeworthy.He had them chasing the playoffs but the footy was dire and the crowds dropped off.The bloke would probably keep us up but maybe time to look a bit further forward.

Don't think I could stomach much more of Monk footy followed by Pulis. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gregjd said:

Would Pulis be more palatable if Megson was brought in alongside him? They've worked together in the past.

Short term yes, but long term no. Their style of football would keep us up this season but hoofball has a short term effect. Going forward we need a different more enteraining approach. 

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.09.35.jpg

EmdEF-_W8AAxaqJ.jpg

There's always a decoy - always

Someone who becomes bookies favourite but then is nowhere to be seen when the appointment is made

Hope and pray Pulis is the decoy this time folks

Right there with you on this. 

Theres only 1 name on that list that for me is an appointment that would get a buzz about the place and thats Pearson. Yes mainly because of his history with the club, but also his attitude etc i feel is exactly what we need. 

He did say he'd never manage us, but that was before a global pandemic and restrictions on travel etc for months to come. Maybe that'll change the picture as it might mean hes more open to being closer to home, who knows 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Right there with you on this. 

Theres only 1 name on that list that for me is an appointment that would get a buzz about the place and thats Pearson. Yes mainly because of his history with the club, but also his attitude etc i feel is exactly what we need. 

He did say he'd never manage us, but that was before a global pandemic and restrictions on travel etc for months to come. Maybe that'll change the picture as it might mean hes more open to being closer to home, who knows 

or maybe him catching covid and also now having a heart condition may also count against him