Is Tony Pulis the decoy this time?

Guest Manwithastick
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's always a decoy

Big ££££ to be made at the bookies

Monk sneaked in at 20/1 when our heads were turned with the Cowleys and co.

There’s NEVER big money to be made at the bookies as they won’t allow you big stakes. 

Even if I knew the 20/1 shot was actually the dead cert, I couldn’t get much more than £50 tops on him. The bookies just won’t take the bet.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've no issue at all with you having an opinion  I just can't see how you've come to those conclusions at all

Ok I’ll start again

1. I don’t like Pulis even though he has done well, I don’t like his style of play.

2. I believe (and hope) Pearson will get the job living not far from Sheffield even though he has had major health problems.

3. This again is an outside hunch that CC for some reason has SWFC at heart and all this comes from watching, supporting and simply being obsessed being a Wednesdayite for 71 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Why?

We have a team with no pace, no creativity, no real money to change the situation and don't look like we are going to score many goals. 

to score goals and ultimately win games we are probably going to have heavily rely on set pieces

on that basis is Pulis such a bad short term appointment until next summer

We don't have the personell up top to play pulis football for the same reason monk didn't work. 

Apart from our cb's we've not really anyone good in the air. 

We don't possess a pulis type of cf up top let alone a midfielder capeble of a lung busting run into the box to head home. 

We need someone who can get us playing sound neat and tidy football predominantly on the deck. 

Looking at that list above someone like Lee Johnson or Eddie. Howe would get my vote for playing to the strengths of what we have available. 

Failing that give it to meggo on a interim caretaker role till the end of the season and re evaluate our options then. Mainly becouse he still lives local and knows us well enough to hopefully hit the ground running in an environment he knows well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poite said:

If he brings meggo with him id love Pulis to get the job

While the two worked well for a long time at WBA and pulis was crap at Middlesbrough without meggo. 

I don't think it would work, megson is too close, this is HIS club, he's too close to the situation it could prove detrimental. That also said if pulis got sacked he would be there to hold his hand up and say give me the reigns Mr chairman which could be a motive.?? 

Who knows. 

For me I don't think pulis is the answer apart from our cbs we have next to no outfield players suited to his longball football style and he can't get anyone in till the new year. As monk has found out hoof ball needs proper old fashioned centre forwards and box to box strong central midfielders and we're very light on both counts. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Man in street sees car coming straight towards him

Decides to lay down and let it run all over him and kill him because he hates the thought of being hit and losing his legs

(when he could simply just step out of the way and walk off down the road to the pub)

Man in street starts crossing road to pub.He can see car coming at speed down the road.

He can step back onto the pavement and wait for the road to clear but instead he decides to leg it and beat the car. He's not quick enough and gets flattened 

Perhaps the likes of Pulis could be a smokescreen but possibly someone experienced like Pulis could be a viable option in a DOF type role? 

The sticking point to me seems to be DC and his lack of football knowledge. A CEO and/or DOF with some footballing know how might help? Could that be something being considered by DC? 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

While the two worked well for a long time at WBA and pulis was crap at Middlesbrough without meggo. 

Was he that crap at Boro (results - not style of play). Midtable when he took over then finished 5th. 7th the next season. Not bad really. They finished 17th last year after sacking him and bringing someone else in. 

Anyway - moral of your story is bring them in as a pair! Dream team. 🤣