One thing this season has proven correct

I don't think Rhodes is the answer because he's been asked the question far too many times in the past only to answer inadequately.

Nevertheless, it's when the other forwards are struggling as well, that it's hard to understand why he's not given more game time.

• Like 1

I wish there was a quick way of bringing up all Jordan Rhodes posts over the last five years and posting them in this thread so we can see what Wednesday fans have said about him since he arrived here.

Just because we're struggling to score goals people are making out he's the answer when for the last few years everyone's been saying incessantly that he's washed up, over, finished, can't score, useless, slow, not the answer, he should leave, we should give him away etc

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish there was a quick way of bringing up all Jordan Rhodes posts over the last five years and posting them in this thread so we can see what Wednesday fans have said about him since he arrived here.

Just because we're struggling to score goals people are making out he's the answer when for the last few years everyone's been saying incessantly that he's washed up, over, finished, can't score, useless, slow, not the answer, he should leave, we should give him away etc

He is all of those things , I too would have preferred him to move on . Having said that in the few times he has played he’s been more useful than Paterson and Marriott who truly have been shocking . Lesser of two evils .

I don’t think anybody is saying he’s the long term answer to our problems . 

12 hours ago, striker said:

First and foremost we choose forwards to defend from the front. The ability to score goals is secondary and it shows. 

In the two games he played we didn’t concede. We weren’t under the cosh. 

We’ve scored 6 in 11 games. We are on target to score 24 goals all season. 

The four preferred strikers have scored 2 goals in 11 games.

We are 1\4 of the way through the season. We’ve not found a strike partnership. Rhodes needs to be tried with Windass again, with Paterson as an alternate.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Another player that has been Monked just like Mat. 
He would rather play his poor signings that he made in the summer.

I think that’s the answer.

Monk pushed for Marriott, Paterson, Kachunga and Windass. Presumably he convinced DC they were better than Rhodes.

He’s ruining our chances by stubbornly or desperately trying to justify it.

51 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Another player that has been Monked just like Mat. 
He would rather play his poor signings that he made in the summer.

It was clear he was not mentally up for it when he refused the penalty in the play off semi under Carlos.

You can’t blame Monk for Rhodes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

In the two games he played we didn’t concede. We weren’t under the cosh. 

We’ve scored 6 in 11 games. We are on target to score 24 goals all season. 

The four preferred strikers have scored 2 goals in 11 games.

We are 1\4 of the way through the season. We’ve not found a strike partnership. Rhodes needs to be tried with Windass again, with Paterson as an alternate.

Don't get your hopes up ☺️

Surely the coaching team should realise that we need players in the box to score goals. 

We just aren't an attacking team and on the few occasions we do manage a goal immediately go all out defence. We were one of the lowest scoring teams last season and will be again this. I think only Derby have scored less, us and a couple of others on 6 but most teams now comfortably in double figures for goals scored. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Why do some people think Rhodes is the answer after 3 years of him being close to useless up front. I just don’t get it.

Because it’s a brand new question.

Old question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu?

Answer - No.

New question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Windass, Paterson, Marriott, Kachunga?

Answer - of course he is.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Because it’s a brand new question.

Old question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu?

Answer - No.

New question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Windass, Paterson, Marriott, Kachunga?

Answer - of course he is.

He couldn’t do it alongside allegedly better players. What makes you think he can do it alongside poorer ones ?