One thing this season has proven correct

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Because it’s a brand new question.

Old question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu?

Answer - No.

New question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Windass, Paterson, Marriott, Kachunga?

Answer - of course he is.

Nope

Wrong questions

Can Rhodes score in the Championship?

That's all you need to ask - nothing more

Owlstalk Shop

In a competitive team you have to earn the shirt. 
None of the chosen forwards have looked close to earning their shirt. 
Ive always believed by playing to his strengths JR would thrive here but we haven’t. Except against Forest. 
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we need to playing our game further up the pitch so the links between players is tighter.. not least near and inside the box! 

49 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't get your hopes up ☺️

Surely the coaching team should realise that we need players in the box to score goals. 

We just aren't an attacking team and on the few occasions we do manage a goal immediately go all out defence. We were one of the lowest scoring teams last season and will be again this. I think only Derby have scored less, us and a couple of others on 6 but most teams now comfortably in double figures for goals scored. 

Spot on.

When Millwall attcked us they would always have three or four players getting in our box.

When we went forward we were lucky if there was two players in theirs.

Add to the fact that we rarely put in an early cross or even a cross for that matter.

It is no wonder we rarely score from open play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Because it’s a brand new question.

Old question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu?

Answer - No.

New question - is Rhodes worthy of a place alongside one of Windass, Paterson, Marriott, Kachunga?

Answer - of course he is.

So what makes you think he will start to contribute with worse players around him. He couldnt do it with the quality you mentioned so its doubtful he will be any better with what we have now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So what makes you think he will start to contribute with worse players around him. He couldnt do it with the quality you mentioned so its doubtful he will be any better with what we have now.

Good point.

All we have to go on is that in those first two games it looked a promising partnership with Windass, including a goal for each partner in the 120 minutes played.

And that all other partnerships since aren’t scoring.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Good point.

All we have to go on is that in those first two games it looked a promising partnership with Windass, including a goal for each partner in the 120 minutes played.

And that all other partnerships since aren’t scoring.

So he scored, he scored the perfect hat trick against Forest then did absolutely nothing, he has the occasional flash in the pan and then goes quiet again. He is definitely not the answer to our problems. If he gets 4 games in a row you will all be on here slating him again.

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

So he scored, he scored the perfect hat trick against Forest then did absolutely nothing, he has the occasional flash in the pan and then goes quiet again. He is definitely not the answer to our problems. If he gets 4 games in a row you will all be on here slating him again.

I won’t.

”Hat-trick”, “Occasional flash in the pan”.......I’d happily settle for that.

Just now, Holmowl said:

I won’t.

”Hat-trick”, “Occasional flash in the pan”.......I’d happily settle for that.

Really, wow, are you aware of how rare these “flash in the pans” are where Rhodes is considered. He has cored about 14 goals for us in 3 years. I cannot for the life of me see where he will suddenly become prolifoc again.