THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Firms certainly do look at social media. I work with one firm who has a big screen looking at negative social media posts regarding their business AND partners. A little bit like down detector. 

Of course they do. Everyone knows the power of social media nowadays.

However a company isn’t pulling out of a multimillion pound deal with a football clubs because of a few negative posts on social media. Unless it’s a firm that understands nothing about business or football in the slightest.

As others have said, our fan base is bloody tame compared to most. 

It is completely unrealistic for that statement to be true.

Companies also try and find these posts to get rid of them or put right any grievance to make customers happy and have a better looking customer service and social media department. It’s simple really. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Chansiri on how he gets on with Monk

I have supported every coach the same way in my six years here.

Everyone knows our situation before they come.

I always talk with the coach. Some coaches maybe don’t like to talk too much. It depends on personality.

If something doesn’t go well, I will ask what happened and give my advice. But in the end, it belongs to the coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Sometimes you think too big about yourselves. Sheffield Wednesday, actually is not that big."

It's all or nothing with this guy.

"You want honesty? ******** right then, av this. Oh and by the way you also cost the club *in Dr Evil voice* 1 BILLION POUNDS"

• Like 1

I think it’s clear he’s not made for running a football club and struggled to recognise he needed real help.

However his money is keeping us alive right now and for that I’m grateful.

Yes, he put us in this position by spending foolishly ( without proper guidance) but I’ve yet to find anyone who can change the past.

Hopefully he learns from his mistakes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I can’t recall the figures, but didn’t the stadium sale offset those concerns? Given the year it was then out into. 

If I'm honest I don't know. But I thought we were still in true for the following 3 year period even with the stadium sale in the correct year.

I told the coach last night I was disappointed about the appeal but it is better than nothing.

I always tell my people to do everything legal. That’s my policy.

The problem with our players is their mentality and consistency. I have told that to every coach who has come in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Of course they do. Everyone knows the power of social media nowadays.

However a company isn’t pulling out of a multimillion pound deal with a football clubs because of a few negative posts on social media. Unless it’s a firm that understands nothing about business or football in the slightest.

As others have said, our fan base is bloody tame compared to most. 

It is completely unrealistic for that statement to be true.

Companies also try and find these posts to get rid of them or put right any grievance to make customers happy and have a better looking customer service and social media department. It’s simple really. 

I'm not saying he's telling the truth about this deal. But it is not out of the ordinary for firms to watch social media like a hawk. Some firms HATE negativity and bad PR being associated with them. 

We really don't have tame fans. We have our fair share of idiots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but  good luck landing the next big sponsorship deal after saying THAT publically Dejphon

Enough smoke and mirrors. The deal that's meant to be will be. 

Call that a little whimsy but striving above the station might lead to trouble. 

We are what we are. 

Cut the cloth accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri on how he gets on with Monk

I have supported every coach the same way in my six years here.

Everyone knows our situation before they come.

I always talk with the coach. Some coaches maybe don’t like to talk too much. It depends on personality.

If something doesn’t go well, I will ask what happened and give my advice. But in the end, it belongs to the coach.

Could well be lost in translation. (Wishes he'd have had a translator during this)

From the quote above, which I do think relates to Monk, eg the talking business, and the earlier quote of AT THE MOMENT he's the coach, suggests he's on borrowed time. (hopes)

• Thanks 1