THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Surly to god tho, the sponsor involved knows that EVERY football club has a minority of dumpling:keyboard Warriors and would have taken no notice of it. I mean.. what have they put/said that would have put them off that much ffs. 

Football fans in talking about their club shocker!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the fans

Minority of the fans try to damage the club. I do this to help the club so they don’t have the trouble of FFP.

Everything I try to do is the best for my club.

What are the minority of fans doing beside moaning or being negative? The majority of the fans are amazing.

It’s just a minority.

If you don’t like me, that’s fine. Just don’t damage the club.

I had a very big sponsor. It would have been very big for this club. It was almost finished.

It was an eight to nine figure. The principle was agreed but that team went and found information on social media.

I told them it was minor but at the end they refused me. It made me very upset.

I am not blaming the fans but it’s the facts. I talked with a big one and they agreed with me in principle.

And here it is, blame the supporters on social media. FFS 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On JOAO  (Why the Foooook have they asked about THIS??)

Why do I sell Joao? We expected a minimum of £10m but at that time we knew our position. It wasn’t good.

When we are in a situation with an embargo, some clubs say ‘you need to cut your wages, you have a problem with FFP and can we get your players for free’.

Sometimes the players, agents and the club try to raise their player.

Sometimes it is not true.

We had nothing for players last season or this summer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Surly to god tho, the sponsor involved knows that EVERY football club has a minority of dumpling:keyboard Warriors and would have taken no notice of it. I mean.. what have they put/said that would have put them off that much ffs. 

I doubt it’s specifics , more the overall perception that its not a happy club created by a loud minority.

Of course its not a happy club currently but the  key board warriors will claim that as a victory and that everyone thinks the same as themselves. 
If we all stood back from our club there is always a negative cloud over it due to the fans expectations 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

So basically as predicted, not learnt from past mistakes, stubborn, won't sack Monk. 

No plan of how to improve things on or off the field. 

The man's a visionary, we are so lucky to have him ffs:duntmatter:

Well that's the negative intepretation...here's a different one

Backing Monk for the moment

Demonstrated that he has learnt, but is still learning

Conversation seems to have got caught up on definition of CEO - but I think he said something to look at as a priority in January?

Spent 100s millions

Said most fans are amazing, but a small minority always negative - spooked a sponsor with online negativity

Would be happy to sell shares to fans if they want to buy them

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How can he say fans are negative online and that costs him huge multi million pound business deals? 

THEN in the next sentence say we aren’t that big a club? 

Imagine being a business trying to sponsor us? “Mr C, we looked online and you once said this club ain’t actually that big?, so we probably shouldn’t get involved in a company where the owner really doesn’t value his own business”

Honestly. It started so well that’s interview. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, 0114 said:

How can he say fans are negative online and that costs him huge multi million pound business deals? 

THEN in the next sentence say we aren’t that big a club? 

Imagine being a business trying to sponsor us? “Mr C, we looked online and you once said this club ain’t actually that big?, so we probably shouldn’t get involved in a company where the owner really doesn’t value his own business”

Honestly. It started so well that’s interview. 

The Ratner moment