Cowleys?

Not saying they are everything to all people or the best option if money, availability and our league position not a consideration, but...

DC was reportedly.looking at them them before Monk and they are available. 

Have experience of this league and kept Huddersfield up.

Represent the long term plan DC wants. They will be given control to build and have experience of doing that with Lincoln. 

When Monk goes, so does his coaches, they are a ready made management team.

Think they indicated they were interested before

I can see DC going with them rather than a Cook type appointment and would represent the swift changeover of manager that is required. 

• Haha 1

I was actually surprised when they got the boot at Huddersfield. 

Pretty sure they were rock bottom when they took over. He said this team will get relegated ‘over my dead body’ and he duly went and saved them. 

Genuinely don’t know why they were sacked?

Not for me.

For the first time I would encourage a short term appointment. We can’t look past this season. 

For me we need an experienced fire fighter type appointment until the end of the season and then reassess from there depending what division we are in. 

1 minute ago, whatdial said:

No we need an old school no nonsense manager for me. Someone to grab the club and kick everyone’s backside. Get Paul cook in. Don’t know why people don’t rate himself. 

Not that I don't rate Cook, rather I don't think DC does. 

I don't think DC likes intentionally short term, nor am I convinced we are capable of recruiting an experienced fire fighter type for just this season. This would also mean limited recruitment in January if only a short term project.

We couldn't attract a decent manager last season, which is why we ended up with Monk. Not a chance we can attract the calibre of manager we would all want this season looking at the squad and points deduction.