Cowleys?

57 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Wouldn’t be against them but didn’t they leave Huddersfield because they wanted total control on transfer? Can’t see them and Chansiri getting along swimmingly.

I'd be up for this if Monk went for exactly that reason - we need a management team with a longer-term plan who are happy to play de facto Director of Football too. Unfortunately, that probably won't play well with Chansiri - but that's why Chansiri is a big, probably the biggest, part of the S6 problem. We have no long-term recruitment plan and we end up making stupid decisions. Better buying and selling decisions (e.g. taking £7-8m each for Reach  Forestieri at the top of their form, not hiring ageing mercenaries like Boyd and Jones, etc) and we might never have have been deducted points in the first place.

I don't want Monk fired right now, not because I think he's doing an acceptable job - but because I don't trust Chansiri to hire an improvement as manager, and I don't buy the "you or I could do a better job than Monk" argument. (ironically, given that I genuinely do think that half of us could do a better CEO / DoF job than DC).

14 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

I'd be up for this if Monk went for exactly that reason - we need a management team with a longer-term plan who are happy to play de facto Director of Football too. Unfortunately, that probably won't play well with Chansiri - but that's why Chansiri is a big, probably the biggest, part of the S6 problem. We have no long-term recruitment plan and we end up making stupid decisions. Better buying and selling decisions (e.g. taking £7-8m each for Reach  Forestieri at the top of their form, not hiring ageing mercenaries like Boyd and Jones, etc) and we might never have have been deducted points in the first place.

I don't want Monk fired right now, not because I think he's doing an acceptable job - but because I don't trust Chansiri to hire an improvement as manager, and I don't buy the "you or I could do a better job than Monk" argument. (ironically, given that I genuinely do think that half of us could do a better CEO / DoF job than DC).

That's how bad it is, people don't want him sacked because they don't trust who HE will replace him with. What a choice to have.

• Like 1