He's available

28 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

NIGEL PEARSON is free and available right now. DC should be making 2 calls this morning, one to Monk to tell him he's relieved of his duties and the other to Nigel Pearson to offer him the job of manager at SWFC. Offer Pearson what he wants just get him. Him and Craig Shakespear would be a perfect fit for our club. 

Hasn't this sort of thing into enough trouble recently.
If a manager or a player needs to be paid well over the odds to come it suggest to me they are more interested in the money then the job.

Not saying Pearson would never manage Wednesday but I reckon he would look at our position and think he is on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think he would take the job. Despite the myth he has said he wouldn’t ever take the Wednesday job he actually said “never say never” but that he quite valued living in the city. 

He would be the first you ask the question. But I would be shocked if he took it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First call from D C this morning should be to Pearson 

"Name your terms for getting us out of the mire, you are going to be the main football man at the club"

"As ive said before ,I won't discuss a job that is not vacant "

DC "ill call you back in an hour"

Attacking football with a team plan put together by a club legend 

Makes you feel warm inside 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

NIGEL PEARSON is free and available right now. DC should be making 2 calls this morning, one to Monk to tell him he's relieved of his duties and the other to Nigel Pearson to offer him the job of manager at SWFC. Offer Pearson what he wants just get him. Him and Craig Shakespear would be a perfect fit for our club. 

But he said he would never manage us blah blah

Break the bank (or let relegation break it) ,hes sat there on our doorstep 

Only chance we have of getting a proper manager 

• Like 2

Don't see any experienced manager of calibre taking over at a team on minus points with no money to spend. 

These guys aren't daft, Pearson, McCarthy etc they've been around football for a long time, have more than enough money in the bank to not need the hassle or tarnish their reputation. 

Edited by striker

Guest Jack the Hat

For me Nigel Pearson is the stand out candidate. He has said he won't manage us because he lives in the area but that doesn't mean he won't. In truth only he knows whether he could be persuaded or not and no amount of CAPITAL letters will change that.

Why can't we ever see past ex players?   Only Wilkinson and Francis did any good. 

We've had Wilson Turner Eustace Megson Bullen. 

Let's remember Pearson holding aloft the only trophy we've won in 85 years.  Let's not spoil the image.

Paul Cook for me.  But getting rid of Monk will cost us.  We should have ditched him before he brought his coaching staff and the nine new players, including the guy with the double broken leg.  

• Like 2

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Why can't we ever see past ex players?   Only Wilkinson and Francis did any good. 

We've had Wilson Turner Eustace Megson Bullen. 

Let's remember Pearson holding aloft the only trophy we've won in 85 years.  Let's not spoil the image.

Paul Cook for me.  But getting rid of Monk will cost us.  We should have ditched him before he brought his coaching staff and the nine new players, including the guy with the double broken leg.  

CV wise, Pearson blinds Cook. The ex player thing is a side show. 

• Like 3