He's available

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

He has; I have heard it with my own ears on either Radio Sheffield, Radio 5 Live or TalkSport.  I can remember it clearly because I was gutted to hear him say it.  I want Pearson here as much as the next Wednesdayite.  Why would I lie about hearing it?  

My hope is that he's changed his mind because I think he'd knock our sorry lot into shape quick smart.  

Ever crossed your mind he was being diplomatic ?

Talking about a job that already has someone in the chair and their paths could well cross in Sheffield 

If you don’t ask .....you don’t get !!!!!.......But chansiri has go idea whatsoever.... he wouldn’t know the difference between ... Nigel Pearson and Nigel Farage .......Paul Cook and Captain Cook......Big Sam and a Big Mac .............🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

All things considered, Pearson is the best of the UK options available His organisational skills might give us a chance of staying up, but if not, he’d be someone I’d entrust with a rebuild. Who knows whether or not he’d be interested On face value, probably not, but at least he knows we do have the potential to sit at the big table He’s also worked with Thai owners before

Fair point that about the ownership 

Guest buster123
9 hours ago, RevOwl said:

NIGEL PEARSON is free and available right now. DC should be making 2 calls this morning, one to Monk to tell him he's relieved of his duties and the other to Nigel Pearson to offer him the job of manager at SWFC. Offer Pearson what he wants just get him. Him and Craig Shakespear would be a perfect fit for our club. 

Sorry, he won't be coming.

Fed up of all this he won’t manage us talk. Last year in an interview he said with a wry smile “never say never”

Like Bruce he would be an excellent appointment and the vast majority of fans would be right behind him for the long haul 

I do love a Nigel Pearson thread!

Of course I would love him to come. The man’s a bit unhinged (ask James McArthur’s shirt) but is a very good coach and his teams try to play good football. 
But, I can’t see any chance that he would come to Sheffield Wednesday. 
I imagine the bloke will still be spending his pay off from Leicester/ Derby/ Watford while waiting for the call to go and manage a Premier League club in trouble in exchange for a massive bonus if he succeeds. 
If anyone can come with any compelling argument for him to come here then please don’t post it on here but get it written down and sent off to Nigel as soon as you can!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

Fed up of all this he won’t manage us talk. Last year in an interview he said with a wry smile “never say never”

Like Bruce he would be an excellent appointment and the vast majority of fans would be right behind him for the long haul 

They’re going to make me dig the link out again from last years interview with Dom Howson where he never said he wouldn’t manage us. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How is Cook better than Monk?

Monk's got experience of these situations and not getting relegated, has managed in the Premier League, has managed in Europe

Paul Cook has never once in his entire career finished above mid-table in the Championship

Because Cook can galvanize a squad. Monk can’t. Simple as.

15 hours ago, RevOwl said:

NIGEL PEARSON is free and available right now. DC should be making 2 calls this morning, one to Monk to tell him he's relieved of his duties and the other to Nigel Pearson to offer him the job of manager at SWFC. Offer Pearson what he wants just get him. Him and Craig Shakespear would be a perfect fit for our club. 

how could anyone not agree?

6 hours ago, heppers said:

how could anyone not agree?

I think we all agree, which is odd on Owlstalk.  Question is, would Pearson agree...if he were even asked, right now?  Chansiri could pay the price,  and would pay the price, but does he (Chansiri) even know that he should at least offer a "price"?  Worst that can happen is that Pearson declines the offer.  Best that can happen is unknown, but I like the unknown outcomes, of Pearson in control, better than the known outcomes of Monk in control.  

This is starting to remind me of the '70s, 1970's, my formative years as a SWFC supporter.  Division 2, even 3,  I'll be WAWAW.