Feel so sorry for our strikers

I really don't understand starting with Marriott Patterson and Kachunga on the pitch, when there's only Joey and Bannan in the middle of the park. 

Three second strikers, no centre forward, basically non existant in the middle of the park. 

Exactly how many of our players are injured or unavailable? 

If Borner is fit why is Odubajo playing centre-back? 

I'm pulling my hair out here

13 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Looks poor in the role he’s being asked to play I completely agree. 

But signing someone whose proven they can score 12 goals at this level playing RW and using them as a number 10 behind the striker, I find it really harsh to judge him!

He was a poor-mans replacement for Murphy, but yes in that position you would be hoping for 10 goals.

The strikers simply have to create a yard or come deep or take a risk. They sort of go through the motions.

36 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Our lack of creativity In the team is a massive worry. Without Brown who will miss so many games this season our midfield looks so poor. 

As is the team..the way flint got turned after 20 secs,and Dawson..well..were fcuked..crap..

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Looks poor in the role he’s being asked to play I completely agree. 

But signing someone whose proven they can score 12 goals at this level playing RW and using them as a number 10 behind the striker, I find it really harsh to judge him!

Four seasons ago mate.

Then he got a bad injury which took away his pace.

Hes scored 4 goals in the past 3 and a bit seasons. That’s where we are shopping now.

• Like 1

Just now, MrEdwards said:

This is the crazy thing, we've been told Windass Kachunga and Patterson have been signed as strikers but non of them are natural goal scorers. 

Exactly.

Weve bought lots of cheap bits and pieces players, some prone to injury, rather than a smaller number of quality reliable players.

Some will say “ its all we can afford”, but I totally disagree. Why spend £100k per week on 6 poor/injury prone players rather than on 2 or 3 better quality better fitness record players? 

• Like 3

Just now, Holmowl said:

Four seasons ago mate.

Then he got a bad injury which took away his pace.

Hes scored 4 goals in the past 3 and a bit seasons. That’s where we are shopping now.

Your right, that is where we are shopping now. 

Hence why he is here, we’ve sort of took a chance on him. The club will have seen that he could potentially score 10 + goals and took gamble on him. It’s a very low risk, big reward type signing. 

But I think it’s harsh to judge him when he hasn’t played the position he’s proven he can deliver at this level. 2 of those seasons were spent at PL league which he clearly isn’t that sort of standard of player. But his return at Championship level of 83 games with 15 goals and 9 assists primarily as a winger is very decent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Your right, that is where we are shopping now. 

Hence why he is here, we’ve sort of took a chance on him. The club will have seen that he could potentially score 10 + goals and took gamble on him. It’s a very low risk, big reward type signing. 

But I think it’s harsh to judge him when he hasn’t played the position he’s proven he can deliver at this level. 2 of those seasons were spent at PL league which he clearly isn’t that sort of standard of player. But his return at Championship level of 83 games with 15 goals and 9 assists primarily as a winger is very decent. 

Though with our 352 he won’t play RE and he’s never a striker. So why?

Very odd buy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly.

Weve bought lots of cheap bits and pieces players, some prone to injury, rather than a smaller number of quality reliable players.

Some will say “ its all we can afford”, but I totally disagree. Why spend £100k per week on 6 poor/injury prone players rather than on 2 or 3 better quality better fitness record players? 

Perhaps we need to keep their wages under £10k as per embargo rules?

Just now, Holmowl said:

Though with our 352 he won’t play RE and he’s never a striker. So why?

Very odd buy.

Yeah I completely agree, very odd buy.

I thought him signing meant we would be using wingers. Don’t see the point in signing him if we are so stubborn on using a 352. 

• Like 1

Some seem to think we had a good transfer window, but most of what we got was either players on their way back from serious injurys or players who were not first choice for other championship clubs.

I do think Monk has identified players with commitment as he feels that was missing last season but not sure that is enough.

Here we are 8 games in and you can see the flaws in out transfer policy.

• Like 1

Didnt see a great deal of committment today - more like a bunch of guys not quite knowing why they were there and looking lost , looking for the leader who also looked both lost and clueless about which direction to go in .  - Clue you go towards the goal of the opposites not backwards and sideways .