Feel so sorry for our strikers

I feel so sorry for our strikers as we don't create chances for them, they are feeding off scraps, Marriot ran his knackers off today and got nothing to feed off, Rhodes has been slagged from pillar to post about his lack of scoring but to me it is a midfield problem that they do not help the strikers out enough, we do not have a box to box midfield player.I would have given Kieran Lee another years contract as i reckon his buzzin' about and darting runs into the box is defiantly what we are lacking, better crosses into the box also not just head down and hit in, get their heads up have a look who's in there and pick out a cross.............Your thoughts?

• Like 5

Got to be honest Marriott looks dire. Is he or is it us?

Kachunga couldnt look less like a striker.

Windass looking less like a striker this season than he did at the end of last season.

I sort of like Paterson then the thought enters my head that he’s our replacement for Fletcher.

I know most of us hate Rhodes now, but honestly I really think he is our least bad striker. And the one most likely to score.

Edited by Holmowl

Unless your a big lad and are very good in the air you get nothing to feed off. 

We crowd a box and let Harris lay it back to Bannan to float it on. We never get in behind or break the lines.

Who ever has played up front the last 10 months have had the same problems. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Unless your a big lad and are very good in the air you get nothing to feed off. 

We crowd a box and let Harris lay it back to Bannan to float it on. We never get in behind or break the lines.

Who ever has played up front the last 10 months have had the same problems. 

Every attack we now have 3 strikers in the box. Yet, we cannot for the life of us pick them out. Then when the ball breaks free it goes back deep because Bannan and Pelupessey are about 20 yards away from the 3 in the box. As soon as we do win it we have to go wide because the 3 up top cannot link any play with the midfield and as soon as it goes wide we either fail to get a cross in, fail to beat the first man or it gets defended. We just seem to have no link between mid and attack apart from floaty long balls and poor crosses. Seems like we're trying to play 'simple' football but in a really complicated formation. Its so odd. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Every attack we now have 3 strikers in the box. Yet, we cannot for the life of us pick them out. Then when the ball breaks free it goes back deep because Bannan and Pelupessey are about 20 yards away from the 3 in the box. As soon as we do win it we have to go wide because the 3 up top cannot link any play with the midfield and as soon as it goes wide we either fail to get a cross in, fail to beat the first man or it gets defended. We just seem to have no link between mid and attack apart from floaty long balls and poor crosses. Seems like we're trying to play 'simple' football but in a really complicated formation. Its so odd. 

Because it’s almost like we just try to create a set piece situation.

We never create overloads out wide. 

We don’t play through teams. 

We don’t try and get players inbetween the lines. 

We don’t get players to the byline to cross. 

We just get it out wide and put 2/3 in the box and put a cross in from the LB/RB area. It’s like a set piece from open play. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Early days but I really don’t rate Kachunga. Waste of a signing. 

Looks poor in the role he’s being asked to play I completely agree. 

But signing someone whose proven they can score 12 goals at this level playing RW and using them as a number 10 behind the striker, I find it really harsh to judge him!

25 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Got to be honest Marriott looks dire. Is he or is it us?

Kachunga couldnt look less like a striker.

Windass looking less like a striker this season than he did at the end of last season.

I sort of like Paterson then the thought enters my head that he’s our replacement for Fletcher.

I know most of us hate Rhodes now, but honestly I really think he is our least bad striker. And the one most likely to score.

I think we get it. You love JR.