Hillsborough?

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

The plans for the World Cup were great. Would still love to see that happen

100% , England should have hosted that World Cup and we would have had a Hillsborough fit for this century.

No move needed , get the builders in DC

Guest Therealrealist
9 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Hillsborough is quickly becoming our bogey ground. Is it the old girls way of telling us it's now time for a new place? I'm not suggesting we move to the moon i'm simply asking is it time for a new home? She's looking tired and unloved now compared to when she was held in high regard and was first choice for semi finals etc. Lots of clubs are now in the same situation as us and are doing something about it. Even last night's victors have recently moved in to a brand spanking new stadium. I'm not even suggesting we leave the area i'm just saying we look dated now and maybe need a new start that will excite fans new and old and breathe new life in to our club.

Tbh there would be more atmosphere on the moon than at hillsborough

It really would be the ideal time to sort out the Leppings Lane end of the ground once and for alll.

No fans allowed in any time soon, no disruption leading to further loss of income.

Just a bit more creative accounting needed to allow it to be financed 

What’s the problem.

Miss going so much. Really hit me in the last couple of weeks. Not the football as such as we know that the quality hasn't been great. But just been in the ground, in the fresh air, talking to the people that sit around me and just concentrating on the match and nothing else for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday is Hillsborough. Yes Hillsborough doesn't have the greatest history for a well known reason but Bradford and Rangers still play at their same ground. 
Think West Ham lost something when they moved and think we would be the same.
Would even argue Arsenal and Man City lost something when they moved. Although Man City is just about a totally different club now.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The chairman's LOADED mate - we have been told for years by some fans that it's just the EFL / FFP stopping him spending gazillions on stuff

In all fairness he's spent more on us than everyone else combined has in our history. 

It's how badly he's spent his money that is the main issue. 

I just hope that he has the patience, desire and the necessary funds to undo the damage caused. 

14 hours ago, mogbad said:

I personally think if DC had the money to refurbish Hillsborough or build a new stadium he would have already done it.

Yeah thats would have been great that wouldn't it a nice new pile of cash burnt away to add to the millions already lost, for a new ground we can't visit..

I think even a billionaire would have waited till/if we gain a regular prem. spot 

11 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Why do we need a new stadium? It will be YEARS before fans are allowed to attend games in any significant numbers.

Spot on for now. Investing in a project like that with no sign of fans being back in grounds for a long long time would be absolute madness. 

We do need to do something at some stage though and a new ground is probably the best plan in my opinion. A new stadium will more than likely be cheaper than renovating the current site, too much needs done to the current stadium. Hillsborough needs 3 stands minimum, the clubs infrastructure is so far from Premier League standard these days it’s frightening. 

16 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Hillsborough is quickly becoming our bogey ground. Is it the old girls way of telling us it's now time for a new place? I'm not suggesting we move to the moon i'm simply asking is it time for a new home? She's looking tired and unloved now compared to when she was held in high regard and was first choice for semi finals etc. Lots of clubs are now in the same situation as us and are doing something about it. Even last night's victors have recently moved in to a brand spanking new stadium. I'm not even suggesting we leave the area i'm just saying we look dated now and maybe need a new start that will excite fans new and old and breathe new life in to our club.

No.

45 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Ha..a brand new shiny Ikea stadium with a 17,000 capacity.

Ffs, this brentwood luv in gets even funnier.

lol

I’m not sure it’s a “luv in” - it’s just that we’d really like to be in their shoes right now - after all,, it’s certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that, this time next year,  they will be in the Premiership and we’ll be playing the likes of Fleetwood and Walsall in League One.