Home form......how bad is it?

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

At least we’ve dispelled the idea that it’s the fans that make us play crap at home. We simply don’t have the creative players to take the game to the opposition. 

I reckon most fans would have gone with the “fresh start” and a bit of patience from the beginning but by now those who didn’t would be getting very loud.

Winning at home makes more fans actually happy.  It’s a buzz, a feelgood factor, folk walk back to their cars or the tram etc smiling.

We need to get that back somehow.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I reckon most fans would have gone with the “fresh start” and a bit of patience from the beginning but by now those who didn’t would be getting very loud.

Winning at home makes more fans actually happy.  It’s a buzz, a feelgood factor, folk walk back to their cars or the tram etc smiling.

Absolutely. For thousands of fans home games are the only time they see us live. If we’re to stay up then the home form needs sorting pronto. 

So from the last 75 years you have discovered than we are on course to have the worse home record in 75 years unless we can win 4 of the next 9 games.

We have win 5 in the last 26 so I think that's unlikely.

But Monk will still be here because he is the best manager ever. Unless you look at his ability to manage, motivate players or win games then he's not very good.😂😂

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I would get two strikers and two wingers who can cross a ball that would be a great start.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That was the worst winless run in the last 75 years and amazingly despite some poor seasons in that time, the current run of 8 home games without a win is the next worst.

you sure about ?......67-68  we went the last 10 without a home win  

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you sure about ?......67-68  we went the last 10 without a home win  

Yes you're right, my mistake. I'd counted an FA Cup win in the middle that 10 match run.

Strangely we didn't lose in our first 11 home games, then as you say didn't win in our last 10.

• Like 1