Home form......how bad is it?

If we persist playing at home like an away team, we'll easily beat those records :duntmatter:

Beggars belief how Monk is still in charge but he's now got his own staff and some of his own players in, so there's no excuses.

Results are what's most important and results simply haven't been good enough for too long over Monk's reign. He has to show DC was right to back him or he needs axing.

Monk wasn't one of my preferred choices to be honest but I'd love it if he proved me wrong but sadly the writing seems on the wall, and it's only a matter of time before he's replaced.

However, starting the season on minus points, the timing of any change will be crucial to have any positive effect. Sticking with Monk, will either be one of DC's biggest mistakes or could be one of the bravest things he's done but sadly, it's looking like another mistake of many. 

Our home record was that bad that teams must have been turning up actually expecting to go away with something.

The first job was always going to be to show them it won’t be that easy.  It’s why last week’s result was so frustrating.  We fought through the game then that at the very end.

If you disregard last season, and take this year on it’s own merits then it’s not too bad a start. Last week would have been a 1-0 win if Lees has stayed on

The next 6 games will tell us all we need to know about how this season will pan out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Django said:

If you disregard last season, and take this year on it’s own merits then it’s not too bad a start. Last week would have been a 1-0 win if Lees has stayed on

The next 6 games will tell us all we need to know about how this season will pan out 

On the other hand if Fletcher hadn't scored that goal in the 95th minute to beat Charlton, we'd be looking at 14 home games without a win.

We need to start winning home games or we have no chance of staying up. I saw QPR lose to Coventry the other week and they were woeful defensively. Coventry scored 3 and could have had double that. I don't think we even created 3 chances against them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1