Off The Bottom On Saturday?

My gut says I don’t think we’re beating Brentford tomorrow. All the signs seem to be in our favour; They are slow starters and are missing some key personnel in midfield (Noorgard has been a big miss for them) but even without Benrahma and Watkins they’ve still got bags of goalscoring potential in Toney and Mbuemo.

Keep it tight, don’t let them dominate the ball and territory, and utilise the Paterson/Windass(Marriott) front two efficiently and we’ve got a very good chance at it.

The optimism shown in this thread is terrifying. Lose tonight and lose on Saturday would be typical Wednesday wouldn't it? I'd love for us to get 4 points out of the next 2 games but really don't see us beating Brentford tonight. I'm still emotionally scarred from the last time we played em. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Joe Sunburn said:

Brentford giving Wednesday huge respect ahead of tomorrow. Honestly believe will take 3. UTO. 

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2020/october/hotp-sheffield-wednesday/ 

Best bit of work I've seen or heard from Mr Giddings for a long time UTO 3-0 tonight let's stop all the love fest for all things Brentford. In like Flint. 

• Like 2

The results last night showed how tight every game is in this league. This season there doesn’t even seem to be a couple of standout relegated sides.

Odd goal wins, goals being scored more down to mistakes.

We just need to stay in every game, don’t concede , goals from set pieces whatever, who cares.

No points for presentation in this game.

Grind it out

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As I keep saying, just take one game at a time.

Huge match now tomorrow night, if we can just avoid defeat against what is a very good Brentford side, we could go just 6 points away from safety.

2-0 to the Owls,from Reach, Windass & Patterson to score....the goals    **** Brentford  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

The optimism shown in this thread is terrifying. Lose tonight and lose on Saturday would be typical Wednesday wouldn't it? I'd love for us to get 4 points out of the next 2 games but really don't see us beating Brentford tonight. I'm still emotionally scarred from the last time we played em. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Very good post. It’s amazing how quickly the mood changes from game to game. Like you say failing to win in the next couple of games would be typical and really flatten the mood 

8 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

My gut says I don’t think we’re beating Brentford tomorrow. All the signs seem to be in our favour; They are slow starters and are missing some key personnel in midfield (Noorgard has been a big miss for them) but even without Benrahma and Watkins they’ve still got bags of goalscoring potential in Toney and Mbuemo.

Keep it tight, don’t let them dominate the ball and territory, and utilise the Paterson/Windass(Marriott) front two efficiently and we’ve got a very good chance at it.

??  Well take something for your gut....its Brentford,not 'Real Madrd'  **** em,who are they to come here and expect to win?

Edited by parajack

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

??  Well take something for your gut....its Brentford,not 'Real Madrd'  **** em,who are they to come here and expect to win?

Yes I know MADRID!!    Before someone else says it...............................

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very good post. It’s amazing how quickly the mood changes from game to game. Like you say failing to win in the next couple of games would be typical and really flatten the mood 

Why is it a very good post???....Glass can be half full,or half empty.....no reason whatsoever to be so pessimistic.....whats the meaning of 'supporter' than?...Wont effect my mood one way or the other,I supported this team when we were in League Division 3,The old Div 1,& 2,The Premier League, & now the Championship'....Its a game of football, & we are going to storm all before us...

Wont be long before someone gets a real thumping from the Owls..