Monk's done with Rhodes?

13 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

I suspect its the owner who has done with Rhodes. He pulls all the strings, does the team talks and has a considerable say in who picks the team and who goes on the blacklist. 

The day the owner took control of the club was our darkest day and things can never improve until he's gone from football forever 

Great

Had just switched off my self help positive thinking meditation podcast, logged on here, read that and now I'm back to square one

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 18/10/2020 at 16:42, Bez said:

100% now?

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

After naming 5 strikers in the squad and using all 4 that weren't Rhodes.. yeah.

Depends. 

If the other 4 start scoring then it certainly does look like Rhodes will barely feature, but for injury cover.

However, if they don’t score enough then Rhodes will come in I assume.

At present the other 4 have played a combined 800 minutes and their only goal was Windass in the first half v Cardiff.

A bit early to write Rhodes off. 

Throw away stat for comparison - Rhodes has 4 goals in his last 800 minutes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Depends. 

If the other 4 start scoring then it certainly does look like Rhodes will barely feature, but for injury cover.

However, if they don’t score enough then Rhodes will come in I assume.

At present the other 4 have played a combined 800 minutes and their only goal was Windass in the first half v Cardiff.

A bit early to write Rhodes off. 

Throw away stat for comparison - Rhodes has 4 goals in his last 800 minutes.

:duntmatter:

A 'throwaway' stat indeed.

He scored 1  goal in the previous 800 minutes he spent on the pitch for us, which might not be so bad if he offered much else whilst he's on the pitch, but he doesn't.

I just don't see Rhodes being a regular starter under Monk unless something drastically changes: he clearly wants a more athletic, energetic forward line who will hassle and harry opposition defences. Rhodes is a willing worker and will give it his best shot, bu it's just not his game to do this.

I expect we'll see him used from the bench more often that not, similar to the way Norwich used him a couple of seasons ago. If he can nick us the odd equaliser or winner being used in this way, then that will be great.

On 08/10/2020 at 07:28, Mrmason69 said:

I suspect its the owner who has done with Rhodes. He pulls all the strings, does the team talks and has a considerable say in who picks the team and who goes on the blacklist. 

The day the owner took control of the club was our darkest day and things can never improve until he's gone from football forever 

There is literally no evidence to support any of this...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
On 07/10/2020 at 14:14, tomhollywood said:

Only Wednesday would set a club record fee for a player who's on the downward curve.

We have a history of it. I remember when we bought Mark Robins just as he turned into Mark Bobbins.

I would play Rhodes 100%, but I agree his time here is done now.

On 08/10/2020 at 03:55, Holmowl said:

Rhodes is not an island.

Kos he needs to be played alongside a strong partner. We need goals, especially with our Poros defence.

I’d take a look at Zack Inthos or Hal Kidiki.

...deeply deeply sorry. Golf rained off and I’m bored.

Congratulations for putting a very Creteive spin on things!

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2020 at 07:28, Mrmason69 said:

Just when we thought we’d heard everything. The craziest of rumours, the most out-of-know in-the-know, the most ignorant of ill-informed balderdash. You sir, have set the bar at a new low. I doff my cap in your general direction. 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

he clearly wants a more athletic, energetic forward line who will hassle and harry opposition defences

He also wants a forward line made up of a right winger, a converted right-back and a midfielder if Saturdays “strike”force is anything to go by. Hard to see where our goals are going to come from but let’s be honest, we’ve started pretty well so only time will tell. 

On 05/10/2020 at 16:20, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Rhodes did well against Cardiff got a goal and I thought he did well against Norwich.

Then dropped.

Shocking management. It winds me up no end when a manager changes a winning team. I don’t get it. 

So those two games against the 3 years of average performances means we should stick with him?

lol

• Like 1