James Garner

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Henriksen, Irvine and Stewart are all still available on frees after leaving Hull. Marcus Maddison still hasn’t been picked up either which I’m quite surprised by 

Not bad ideas, if they’d accept a one year contract or reduced terms.  

The midfield 3 of Bannan, Brown and Luongo are likely to be the main guys anyway so whoever else we get in may be playing sub for a lot of the time 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The midfield 3 of Bannan, Brown and Luongo are likely to be the main guys anyway so whoever else we get in may be playing sub for a lot of the time 

I think there’ll be quite a lot of squad rotation though with the games coming thick and fast as well as the usual injuries, suspensions etc. I agree that our first choice midfield is decent but our back ups are Hunt (really exciting prospect but still young), FDB (very raw) and Joey (not good enough). Another quality CM would take some of the pressure off the young lads and also keep Joey further away from the starting XI. 

I know he’s recently started pinging crosses in like Beckham but I wonder if Liam Palmer could be an option in defensive midfield if needed. He’s played in midfield before and I thought he did ok at centre half last season. We’ve got Harris, Odubajo and we’re being linked with Sanderson for the RWB spot, and if Reach can be repurposed as a centre forward then it doesn’t seem too outlandish...

14 hours ago, Triple O said:

Howson talking bolloc*s again.

Garner is nothing like Brown. They are totally different types of players with different set of qualities.

One plays in front of back line while other plays behind front two.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, malek said:

Garner is nothing like Brown. They are totally different types of players with different set of qualities.

Perhaps the original idea was for Garner Infront of the back line and Luongo behind the front two?

Edited by Anthndav

1 hour ago, malek said:

They are different, but, perhaps the choice was either play Garner anchor and push Luongo forward, or sign Brown for the attacking role and sit Luongo. I'm happy with our choice. Think Izzy will be very influential for us.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

They are different, but, perhaps the choice was either play Garner anchor and push Luongo forward, or sign Brown for the attacking role and sit Luongo. I'm happy with our choice. Think Izzy will be very influential for us.

I also much prefer Brown to Garner.

But than again I think we need player like Garner in front of our back line, rather than Luongo.

8 minutes ago, malek said:

I also much prefer Brown to Garner.

But than again I think we need player like Garner in front of our back line, rather than Luongo.

fair enough, but I rate Luongo. I like the Bannan-Brown-Luongo trio. I also feel with loans it’s better to target those who could potentially stay beyond if they do well. I see that possibility with Brown, but not with Garner. Every chance he has a future at Man Utd. 

20 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think over a season we want one more experienced CM (Pelupussy should be used for cup games and in case of covering suspension and injuries and not a regularly squad rotation player, if he starts more then 15-20 games this season we are in bother) Like Irvine and Stewart from that list most