James Garner

Would be an exciting signing if we can do it. I wouldn't get my hopes up though with the amount of competition for him. Sounds like half the fookín league want him.

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Don't know much about the lad, though isn't he another creative midfielder??. 

If he is it poo poos the boring longball monk ideas as that would give us three creative cm?? and I can't see us using 3. 

He's actually a DM or DLP more than a creative midfielder as such. So he'd becoming in more around the Luongo position, which we have only him and Pelupessy in currently. Especially with Monk seeing Shaw as a CB.

But as @wilyfox says, there's a lot of competition for him and it'll ultimately be a decision made by Solskjaer and the United team as much as the player himself. They'll pick where they think is best for his development. They like him there, a lot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Would be an exciting signing if we can do it. I wouldn't get my hopes up though with the amount of competition for him. Sounds like half the fookín league want him.

Yes but we have a 12 point disadvantage, not everyone can say that. 

That’s a cracking challenge to help a team overcome if you have desire and belief in yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If he comes here we will have the best midfield in the Championship. That is a potential title winning midfield. The rest of the team is not to that standard.

Is it overkill for a side with a 12 point deduction? We won't get promotion this year with that round our necks but I wonder if we are actually going to go for it against all the odds.

Maybe it's just because of the number of games we play each week, we almost need 2 full teams to provide a lot of rotation. It just seems overkill for a team happy to accept lower mid table survival.

Strange times but long odds against us getting him.

• Like 3

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Yes but we have a 12 point disadvantage, not everyone can say that. 

That’s a cracking challenge to help a team overcome if you have desire and belief in yourself.

I know everyone’s been pushing Wednesday positivity... but flippin heck!

Hopefully the fact we a giving our talented younger players first team game time, along with the fact our academy is now looking really strong and progressive will help sway it our way. 

He'll be in good hands here Oli,  you know it makes sense

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

If he comes here we will have the best midfield in the Championship. That is a potential title winning midfield. The rest of the team is not to that standard.

Is it overkill for a side with a 12 point deduction? We won't get promotion this year with that round our necks but I wonder if we are actually going to go for it against all the odds.

Maybe it's just because of the number of games we play each week, we almost need 2 full teams to provide a lot of rotation. It just seems overkill for a team happy to accept lower mid table survival.

He sounds like he would be a very good signing. I think with the shortened pre-season, strength in depth will be key. I still think we need a couple of attackers and a wing back but a quality player to sit in front of the defence, will allow our creative players and attackers to push further up the pitch. Our midfield does look good at present but over a congested season, with numerous midweek games, we'll need options to be able to rotate and competition for places. I'd like us to get Garner or someone similar to give us stronger team and more depth. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, prowl said:

💀 🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 1