James Garner

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Yes he is highly thought of, thats about it, he's unproven at any first team level. 

Strange way to look at it. Quite a lot of Championship clubs take highly rated talent on loan from Prem clubs, Mount, James for example and give them first team experience, think Garner would have been a very good signing for us. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Strange way to look at it. Quite a lot of Championship clubs take highly rated talent on loan from Prem clubs, Mount, James for example and give them first team experience, think Garner would have been a very good signing for us. 

It's my way of looking at it, can't be doing with this twitchy curtain nonsense peeking jealously at what other clubs do. 

All the while immediately saying he's as good as or better than we've already got. 

39 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

I don't get why anyone would want to go there, game time will be less I would imagine, its further away and they go through 8 managers a season!!

Basket case of a club.

Agree it's a basket case of a club but to be honest we're not rosy too, regardless of tomorrow's result on the pitch, financially and squad wise they've a far better chance than us of getting promoted. We have a decent squad ourselves, we can compete on the pitch but due to P&S constraints and parachute payments, we can't compete with the recently relegated sides or clubs that have sold players for big money off the pitch for the best signings and we have to be smart.

We've got a strong midfield, someone like Garner would have given us extra depth in a congested season. Watford will probably push for the automatic spots or be in or around top 6. They should strengthen further before the window closes, especially if they sell a few more players. It might be best to play them early on in the season before they have fully strengthened and hit top stride. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I honestly don’t give a crap. If he’d have come it would have been less game time for Dele-Bashiru and Hunt who I both rate.

We need strikers and a wing back!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Oh well, we move on! He’s barely played any football apart from U23s so who knows how he would adapt to quite a physically demanding league. 

Positive is it looks like we’re looking for a DM. I know some think we’ve enough midfielders but we’ve only got Luongo and Joey for that role - would you trust Joey should the former get injured!! 

47 minutes ago, Jim said:

It’s a shame we couldn’t get him. If Luongo misses games and he will then we all know who’s next in line to replace him? 😫

We might see Dele-Bashiru in there, or Bannan sitting deeper, or Shaw in his prefered position. Palmer looked like Baresi when he played that role for 45 minutes against Yay Toure and Man City. We've got options

Guest BelgiqueOwl
4 hours ago, prowl said:

If he comes here we will have the best midfield in the Championship. That is a potential title winning midfield. The rest of the team is not to that standard.

Is it overkill for a side with a 12 point deduction? We won't get promotion this year with that round our necks but I wonder if we are actually going to go for it against all the odds.

Maybe it's just because of the number of games we play each week, we almost need 2 full teams to provide a lot of rotation. It just seems overkill for a team happy to accept lower mid table survival.

Strange times but long odds against us getting him.

Are you drunk? Best midfield in the championship? Even if we’d have got him - Norwich, Watford & Bournemouth!

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Disappointing but there will be other midfielders available for loan that we’ll have in mind as back up options.

Such as Marko Grujić at Liverpool or Tommy Doyle from Man City.  Or one of Chelsea’s 100 surplus players 

Henriksen, Irvine and Stewart are all still available on frees after leaving Hull. Marcus Maddison still hasn’t been picked up either which I’m quite surprised by