James Garner

15 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

He's actually a DM or DLP more than a creative midfielder as such. So he'd becoming in more around the Luongo position, which we have only him and Pelupessy in currently. Especially with Monk seeing Shaw as a CB.

But as @wilyfox says, there's a lot of competition for him and it'll ultimately be a decision made by Solskjaer and the United team as much as the player himself. They'll pick where they think is best for his development. They like him there, a lot.

Is he any good mate? Can see a load of people spaffing over him but at the start of this season is the first I've heard of him. 

What level has he played at before? Would there be a chance of signing permanent? 

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Is he any good mate? Can see a load of people spaffing over him but at the start of this season is the first I've heard of him. 

What level has he played at before? Would there be a chance of signing permanent? 

He's very highly rated. Played in the Prem, League Cup and Europa League for United already. Just won their Reserve Player of the Year again yesterday.

I won't lie, I haven't seen enough of him to say, but I've heard very good things and he scored eight goals from defensive midfield last season in the PL2. No doubt he'd be a top signing if we got him, but it's still a very big if.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think he'll end up st Swansea as most promising English players do? Was a very shrewd move appointing Cooper.

Swansea and Huddersfield both already ruled out by Garner or Man United.

Blackburn are trying hard besides ourselves apparently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Has he been down to the training ground to meet the lads yet @kevtheowl?? UTO

I’m sure it won’t be long before he is. Blackburn, Millwall and Huddersfield as opposition for his signature? He must be a shoe in Shirley?

Where better to play your football and prepare for Champions League football next season?

They said we couldn’t attract Barkley and look what happened.

Going to be a very positive season for us. Ask Kev.

Edited by theowlsman

But then also the flip-side of it is you don't want to dive into the wrong loan spell or wrong club and end up thinking, 'I've made a complete error here, I'm going to lose six months, I'm going to lose a year of my football, I'm at the wrong club'. So you've got to be very careful.

Nicky Butt quote: taken from the Manchester Evening News.

So, will he be allowed to leave for a side 9 points adrift?

It depends on how Man Utd see our situation.

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

Swansea and Huddersfield both already ruled out by Garner or Man United.

Blackburn are trying hard besides ourselves apparently.

I'm told it's one of the relegated teams who are leading the race at the moment, but a decision won't be made probably until the last week of the window. United want to make sure they're making the right decision on where he ends up.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, marshy said:

But then also the flip-side of it is you don't want to dive into the wrong loan spell or wrong club and end up thinking, 'I've made a complete error here, I'm going to lose six months, I'm going to lose a year of my football, I'm at the wrong club'. So you've got to be very careful.

Nicky Butt quote: taken from the Manchester Evening News.

So, will he be allowed to leave for a side 9 points adrift?

It depends on how Man Utd see our situation.

As good as an acceptance he’s on his way to S6. No denial and the questions are being specifically asked about him coming here. 

12 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

I'm told it's one of the relegated teams who are leading the race at the moment, but a decision won't be made probably until the last week of the window. United want to make sure they're making the right decision on where he ends up.

Thanks for that. I presume not Norwich as they got Oliver Skipp.

If Wednesday were succesful it would possibly mean Pelupessy or even Loungo being allowed out on loan. Do you know of interest in either of these. With two games a week two players are required for each position especially with the type of game we are playing.

15 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Could be Watford?

Maybe OGS will be watching the game at Hillsborough tomorrow. Maybe there is more than three points up for grabs tomorrow.

Even if it's not Watford if we get down to -6 by 5pm tomorrow it's going to look favourably to OGS in any case, and they will have a bench mark for Wednesday against an ex Premier League club.

Pure speculation on my part.

I think we are an attractive place club even with the points deduction. There is a slight positive buzz around the place with the new coaches and signings in this window. I really wouldn't mid if we got him signed, there will be plenty of games for him too.

Edited by FinnishOwl