Macclesfield Wound Up, Will Others Follow?

The whole of football is in this situation. Championship clubs allowed to lose 13m.

But what if they lose 500k one year and their owner can’t pay that? Good night. 

The game is wholly reliant on rich owners to fund a loss making industry seemingly at every level now with fans out the picture 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Money has changed things, we can change again.

Some will, others won't. Football is now more of a business than ever, not like the old days when money came from the fans. Unfortunate we can't turn the clock back, so can see more clubs going part time.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Some will, others won't. Football is now more of a business than ever, not like the old days when money came from the fans. Unfortunate we can't turn the clock back, so can see more clubs going part time.

I guess you're right overall but what gets me is that there is enough money sloshing around for all the presents clubs to be able to compete and the players still get a decent wage.

Football is where you get capitalism at its worse and best.

Winners of this year's premier get £150 million.

You would think the PFA might have something to say,not a peep.

Well actually they have told players to resist and wage reduction across the board.

Also and this is from Simon Jordan on Talksport the PFA as a charity is sat on £44 million.

Even better the Premiership superstars pay same subs as the bottom league players ,think it was £50 odd quid a month!

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Thing about life and business it changes over the years. Used to have north and South to reduce costs and travel. The money has changed things. Look at Germany far bigger country 2 leagues the regionalised.

3 i think ........

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I guess you're right overall but what gets me is that there is enough money sloshing around for all the presents clubs to be able to compete and the players still get a decent wage.

Football is where you get capitalism at its worse and best.

Too true. Reality it was doomed from day 1 of the PL. Too much money at the top the gulf is just too great now.

• Like 1

Football disgusts me. The greed is obscene. Back in the late 60's I fell in love with a game played by 22 working class men who earned the same as the supporters who stood on the terraces to cheer them on. I now hate football and everything it has become. If it wasn't for my lifelong live of Wednesday I would quite happily turn my back on the whole parasite infested cesspit. 

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Just to emphasise this disparity, in the 28 seasons of the Premier League, the major trophies have gone like this...

BIG SIX      THE REST

Premier League               26                 2  (one since 1995)

(runners up)               24                 4  (none since 1997)

(third place)               23                 5  (none since 2003)

FA Cup                             25                 3                        

League Cup                     19                 9  (two since 2004)

That is frightening stats, however, we are still in the league cup.. 😇

EFL put the final nails in Macclesfields coffin with the points deductions through the season that ultimately led to the relegation from the football league. Another f... up the useless lobbers. 

22 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

This. Attendances don't even cover player wages nevermind running costs.

True,in its literal sense but dont forget attendances help drive an overall interest in the Football 'product;' which than attracts big TV money  advertisers/sponsors...its all inter related and hard to seperate

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I know a 17 year old who's never started a game at a South Yorkshire club, who's on £900 a week.

The game is fooked.

Electrician??