Adedoyin Done

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised he has been given a 1st team squad number. 

Your panicking now that we aren’t going to sign anymore strikers aren’t you? 😁

Seriously he must’ve impressed if he is in the first team thoughts. Still think he will be largely development signing though this year.

• Haha 1

There’s absolutely no harm in giving the lad a squad number, and at his age with what he’s already achieved in terms of goals scored at youth level with Everton , aiming for the first team here imminently is absolutely what the kid should be doing and his potential to achieve that is the basis on which we should take a chance on these lads 

Good luck to the lad, told GM has been very impressed 

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

A really big fuss seems to be made by the club and some of the local media about us signing this lad. Seems a bit strange. Maybe he is more for the 1st team than the U23 side. 

I think it’s because of Monk wanting our social media connection with fans to be improved for all aspects of the club. I guess including any under 23 signings.  

But might see the lad at Rochdale next week 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

A really big fuss seems to be made by the club and some of the local media about us signing this lad. Seems a bit strange. Maybe he is more for the 1st team than the U23 side. 

He's a striker with a decent scoring record coming from a premier league team so I suppose that's the reason we're making a fuss. Always seems strange to me that clubs spend millions on academies then release players without ever giving them a chance. He could well play for our first team. 

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

17 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Couldn’t get a game for Hamilton so he has a lot of work to do but best of luck to him. Presumably he’s joining the Development Squad? 

He's been given a first team squad number and in the article on the OS there's no reference to him joining up with the development teams as is usually the case.

If he is an out and out striker then as things stand there aren't many other options for that role. 

I'd expect him to be involved in the academy initially at least though to prove himself. When does the under 23 season start?

2 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Only one and as I said can’t recall that many. @Grandad made it sound as though we’ve signed loads.....

Don’t think we signed any last season, but previously we’ve signed quite a few. Seven or eight from Manchester City alone. Of the current development squad, Hughes (City) Dawodu (Arsenal) and Hagan (Chelsea)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think we signed any last season, but previously we’ve signed quite a few. Seven or eight from Manchester City alone. Of the current development squad, Hughes (City) Dawodu (Arsenal) and Hagan (Chelsea)

*awaits apology*

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

That's two of us

I was thinking about you as I typed it (and if you read back you'll see I did apologise for hurting your delicate feelings) lol