Kieran Lee

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He was excellent up until his injury, one of the best since the premier league and he did so well to get back, but he’s just been a shirt filler since then. Those late runs never came back. 

To be fair, there were no late runs to be had......and I think you do him a disservice calling him a shirt filler, he was my MOM in most of his come back games, not difficult granted, but he's the only player we have/had that can link midfield to attack, he'd be pretty useless now mind, we don't have an attack.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ve recently had twin boys and called them Kieran and Lee.

Ah lass has just had twin boys and I’ve called em big and Dave 😍

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

To be fair, there were no late runs to be had......and I think you do him a disservice calling him a shirt filler, he was my MOM in most of his come back games, not difficult granted, but he's the only player we have/had that can link midfield to attack, he'd be pretty useless now mind, we don't have an attack.

He wasn’t influencing games like he was, he didn’t do a bad job, worked his backside off, but nor was he the player we remembered. 

Maybe in part he is one of those team players and he needs the right kind of style and team mates around him and we don’t have that now. But I remember him standing out much more in the Gray side which didn’t have the quality either. 

So unappreciated during his time here.

In that 1st season under Carlos, he was the best midfielder in the division. He was simply sublime, whilst making the game look so very easy.

His time was up at Wednesday, simply because the injuries took its toll on him in the end. But looking back, we were fortunate to have such a fantastic player playing at his peak in such a good time for the club. 

Unfortunately, Lee's demise seemed to coincide with the club's as a whole. Probably not a total coincidence.

• Like 3

Oh, and that finish for the Forest goal is so bloody good and clever. 

Most players would have probably tried to hammer the thing, but Lee pretty much ends up lobbing the keeper on the line. 

So smart. 

Would have loved to have seen how he would have done in the Premier League if we'd went up that first Carlos season, really think he could have been a quality player at that level too.