Kieran Lee

24 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I give up. You are focusing on the wrong part of my post. The point that matters is he’s been useless to us for 3 years. Yes, he’s done well to come back from his injury but he isn’t the same player. Maybe my wording was harsh but it still amounts to the same, he isn’t good enough to play Championship football anymore.

I'm focusing on the part where you are talking bo11ocks, which is usually more often than not the case.

Yes, he was out for a long time, but using words like sponging, useless and so forth makes him sound like something he most certainly was not.

The guy was an absolute pro who got knackered out due to being forced to play when he shouldn't have done. It was also not his fault he signed a multiple year deal and then started to get injured. Further, it was Steve Bruce who wanted to give him another year to prove himself. Probably because Bruce knew a talent when he saw one.

• Like 2

As an old timer with 65 years experience of supporting the Owls I'd like to add my two penny worth. If I say KL scrapes into my top 30 all time Wednesday greats I'm sure people will understand - that still makes him probably our greatest player this century. I so wanted him to come back and run those 12-13 kilometres per game but it wasn't to be. It's a crying shame that we weren't able to give this model professional the send off he deserved. Loved the guy & really sorry it's obviously the end for him at Hillsborough.

• Love 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I'm focusing on the part where you are talking bo11ocks, which is usually more often than not the case.

Yes, he was out for a long time, but using words like sponging, useless and so forth makes him sound like something he most certainly was not.

The guy was an absolute pro who got knackered out due to being forced to play when he shouldn't have done. It was also not his fault he signed a multiple year deal and then started to get injured. Further, it was Steve Bruce who wanted to give him another year to prove himself. Probably because Bruce knew a talent when he saw one.

Ooh getting personal now. The bit about being forced to play is total speculation on your part just like you do in your agenda with Westwood. I have no time for people who argue things with no proof.

Ive already admitted that I could have chosen my words better but the facts remain that Lee has either been useless to us ( injured) or pants (last year) in the last three seasons.  Yes the Lee of old was superb but so was Forestieri and Westwood. It’s over for him, that’s the point I’m TRYING to make.

Now stop stalking me!  🤪

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
46 minutes ago, Colin Dobson said:

As an old timer with 65 years experience of supporting the Owls I'd like to add my two penny worth. If I say KL scrapes into my top 30 all time Wednesday greats I'm sure people will understand - that still makes him probably our greatest player this century. I so wanted him to come back and run those 12-13 kilometres per game but it wasn't to be. It's a crying shame that we weren't able to give this model professional the send off he deserved. Loved the guy & really sorry it's obviously the end for him at Hillsborough.

I loved the guy too...the one from 4-5 seasons ago that is.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Do you talk nonsense just to get attention.

He was fully fit when we gave him a 3 year contract in 2016.

You can’t just release people who are under contract.

We gave him a one year extension last season and we were a better team when he played.

We were right not to renew.

He always gave 100% and never ripped the club off at all.

Yes I know that. It’s not his fault that he got a three year contract and then got injured. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I suppose. His career has nosedived in the last 3 years. Just like with Westwood and FF, if we were a selling club (which we need to be) then we could have got top dollar for them. Sadly, Kieran Lee left without much fanfare really. Great player in his prime but totally the correct decision to release him.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Maybe. I don’t know the players personally so don’t want to comment on that. Facts are facts, it’s been almost 3 years since he was thriving and fit. Totally wasted wages. Doesn’t matter how good he WAS...he’s done!

sponging is refusing to play, engineering a move away and sulking when picked. You can’t put Lee in that category I’m afraid 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ooh getting personal now. The bit about being forced to play is total speculation on your part just like you do in your agenda with Westwood. I have no time for people who argue things with no proof.

Ive already admitted that I could have chosen my words better but the facts remain that Lee has either been useless to us ( injured) or pants (last year) in the last three seasons.  Yes the Lee of old was superb but so was Forestieri and Westwood. It’s over for him, that’s the point I’m TRYING to make.

Now stop stalking me!  🤪

He wasn't useless last season. 

No one is stalking you. 

It's a forum. 

You post rubbish, then expect people to call you out on it. I'd figured you'd be used to that by now. 

Do you really think playing Lee after his hip surgery was a good idea? You know, seeing as he was then out for 18 months. 

My favourite ever player (since Di Canio/Carbone era) and I'd honestly have him back for another year.

Can see him going back to Oldham or similar - very much a home bird and don't think he ever left. Used to see him out in Manchester a lot when working there. 

Edited by sammo

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He wasn't useless last season. 

No one is stalking you. 

It's a forum. 

You post rubbish, then expect people to call you out on it. I'd figured you'd be used to that by now. 

Do you really think playing Lee after his hip surgery was a good idea? You know, seeing as he was then out for 18 months. 

There you go getting personal again. Stop talking about the poster.

The only person talking rubbish mate is you. Professionals at the club know much more than you. Also, you are going on hearsay reports in the media which may or may not be true. I may talk rubbish but you are obviously naive and a bit of a prat!

Now read my post again....for the 400th time I rated Lee as a player but he’s done. Stop focusing on one word that I wrote which wasn’t even my main point.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
42 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

sponging is refusing to play, engineering a move away and sulking when picked. You can’t put Lee in that category I’m afraid 

Which I admit was probably the wrong choice of words.

It was a pity because Carlos absolutely understood what Lee brought to the team but he definitely brought him back far too soon from his hip problem when chasing promotion that second season.

Remember Lee playing at Ipswich about 50% fit and still scoring the winner which guaranteed playoffs.

He then played him in both games against Huddersfield and it was torture watching him struggle.

That basically finished him.

• Love 1

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Club still haven't announced he has left, not even a tweet. Disgusting considering how good he was for us, even Almen Abdi got a mention when he left. 

I don’t get it either

Weird that he’s gone and nothing has been said for what is probably best player we’ve had in 10 years

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

I don’t get it either

Weird that he’s gone and nothing has been said for what is probably best player we’ve had in 10 years

One of best players we've probably ever had lets be honest, probably one of the lowest earners too, treated shockingly. 

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

One of best players we've probably ever had lets be honest, probably one of the lowest earners too, treated shockingly. 

how  do you know what he earned ?.........he was a good player who attracted attention elsewhere and yet kept renewing his contract  so he must have been happy with what he was on 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

We have paid him a long time when he was unavaible..good player..but ‘treated shockingly’..really?...what difference wud a tweet from swfc sayin thanks Kieran lee wish you all the best good look for the future..make..

Can’t for life of me understand why a league one clubs not gone all out for him, or even a Wycombe or Rotherham , if there’s owt left in his legs he’s a class player 

Would run rings round any central midfielder in League One 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t for life of me understand why a league one clubs not gone all out for him, or even a Wycombe or Rotherham , if there’s owt left in his legs he’s a class player 

Would run rings round any central midfielder in League One 

So why havnt they then? Amazin how all these players our fans wanted to keep end up in Cyprus or nowhere..we are just too sentimental as a fanbasefan base