Kieran Lee

A fantastic player and consistently one of our best players until he was ruined. Lee; Bannan, Wallace, Hooper and Forestieri were a joy to watch in Carlos' first season. But Lee was our stand out player around that time. He was brilliant under Gray too and for a few years he looked like a player capable of stepping up to the top flight. Lee's one of the best players we've had since we were relegated from the top flight, and one of our classiest post millennium players along with the likes of Whelan, Brunt and Bannan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I loved Lee but basically been sponging his wages for the last three years. Great player but he’s done!

Very harsh that.

A more committed and honest player I've never seen. If he's anything like the person off the pitch that he is on it, he will have been working his bo..ox off to get back to fitness and in to the side and contribute in that unassuming, brilliant way that he always has.

Total class that lad.

• Love 1

Of all the players who've left in recent seasons, Lee's the one who most deserves the send-off we were never able to give him due to his final games being played behind closed doors.

Should the time ever come that he graces the Hillsborough pitch with a different team, I hope all four sides of the ground rise to give him a standing ovation.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Bleeder said:

Very harsh that.

A more committed and honest player I've never seen. If he's anything like the person off the pitch that he is on it, he will have been working his bo..ox off to get back to fitness and in to the side and contribute in that unassuming, brilliant way that he always has.

Total class that lad.

It’s not harsh. He was basically injured for the last 3 seasons and should have been released. A fully fit Kieran Lee is a superb player and in his prime could have played in the Premier League...however, that was 3 seasons ago!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

sponging a living??? I would guess he was the only player we had throughout this period that was genuinely gutted to be out injured...unlike people like FF. 

Maybe. I don’t know the players personally so don’t want to comment on that. Facts are facts, it’s been almost 3 years since he was thriving and fit. Totally wasted wages. Doesn’t matter how good he WAS...he’s done!

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It’s not harsh. He was basically injured for the last 3 seasons and should have been released. A fully fit Kieran Lee is a superb player and in his prime could have played in the Premier League...however, that was 3 seasons ago!!

Yeah, but that's not the same as sponging.

The reason he ended up getting so injured is he was allegedly asked (forced) to play despite having a knackered hip.

By saying he sponged off the club, you are questioning the man's professionalism, which is a f*cking insult frankly.

Do you think he enjoyed being out for 18 months? In fact, if anything, that he came back from that is testament to his professionalism.

• Like 5

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, but that's not the same as sponging.

The reason he ended up getting so injured is he was allegedly asked (forced) to play despite having a knackered hip.

By saying he sponged off the club, you are questioning the man's professionalism, which is a f*cking insult frankly.

Do you think he enjoyed being out for 18 months? In fact, if anything, that he came back from that is testament to his professionalism.

Ok mate, good point. Is stealing a wage too harsh as well?  Lol
The point I’m trying to make is he’s been almost useless to us in the last 3 seasons. Even last year when he came back he was a shadow of his former self. The old Lee is a huge loss, this one not really.

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ok mate, good point. Is stealing a wage too harsh as well?  Lol
The point I’m trying to make is he’s been almost useless to us in the last 3 seasons. Even last year when he came back he was a shadow of his former self. The old Lee is a huge loss, this one not really.

Yeah.

I dont think a man can be accused of stealing  a wage when he spent 18 months trying to get himself fit again. In fact, I'd say it was quite the opposite.

The people stealing a wage are that beloved goalkeeper etc.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yeah.

I dont think a man can be accused of stealing  a wage when he spent 18 months trying to get himself fit again. In fact, I'd say it was quite the opposite.

The people stealing a wage are that beloved goalkeeper etc.

I give up. You are focusing on the wrong part of my post. The point that matters is he’s been useless to us for 3 years. Yes, he’s done well to come back from his injury but he isn’t the same player. Maybe my wording was harsh but it still amounts to the same, he isn’t good enough to play Championship football anymore.

17 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Do you talk nonsense just to get attention.

He was fully fit when we gave him a 3 year contract in 2016.

You can’t just release people who are under contract.

We gave him a one year extension last season and we were a better team when he played.

We were right not to renew.

He always gave 100% and never ripped the club off at all.

• Like 2