Kieran Lee

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We have paid him a long time when he was unavaible..good player..but ‘treated shockingly’..really?...what difference wud a tweet from swfc sayin thanks Kieran lee wish you all the best good look for the future..make..

Played him when he really needed an operation to get us in the play offs and just released without even a tweet to say thanks for all you've done once he is knackered. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

One of best players we've probably ever had lets be honest, probably one of the lowest earners too, treated shockingly. 

One of my favourites in recent times but to call him one of our best ever players is nonsense. Good second tier player but that’s it.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

One of my favourites in recent times but to call him one of our best ever players is nonsense. Good second tier player but that’s it.

In his prime for us 2013-17ish he wouldn't have looked out of place in a premier league team, we had a great player in Lee.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So why havnt they then? Amazin how all these players our fans wanted to keep end up in Cyprus or nowhere..we are just too sentimental as a fanbasefan base

To be fair you may well have a point fella 

20 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

In his prime for us 2013-17ish he wouldn't have looked out of place in a premier league team, we had a great player in Lee.

Players that can play in the premier end up playing in the premier league. They don’t spend their careers between league 1 and the championship.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

One of best players we've probably ever had lets be honest, probably one of the lowest earners too, treated shockingly. 

He was good but I’m not sure he’s one of the best players we’ve ever had, I could give you a list of 50 players we’ve had who were better.

As much as I liked Lee and admired both his professionalism, his attitude and his ability, I can’t help but think the time was right for him to move on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Players that can play in the premier end up playing in the premier league. They don’t spend their careers between league 1 and the championship.

Think that's unfair, it isn't as simple if you're good enough you will get there. His performances during those seasons pushing in the play offs were more than good enough to earn a move to a Premier League side.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, 83owl said:

There are plenty of players in the Championship who would manage fine if they had the chance in the Premiership.  Lee was probably one of them. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, prowl said:

I am sentimental when a player has been good for us. I liked Lee he was class and still had something to offer. I can't believe he hasn't got a club. Odd times.

Good luck to him.

Yep, think he would still be a great player for squad rotation at the very least and from what other players say his training levels are great so he would be a great example to the young lads.

Sentimental when it comes to what a good player he was for us. But for us in our current situation to sign on a 30+ year old who is injury-ridden, no thanks, we should know better by now and we can't afford to have veterans hang around earning big pay checks without delivering anything in return.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2020 at 10:48, Colin Dobson said:

As an old timer with 65 years experience of supporting the Owls I'd like to add my two penny worth. If I say KL scrapes into my top 30 all time Wednesday greats I'm sure people will understand - that still makes him probably our greatest player this century. I so wanted him to come back and run those 12-13 kilometres per game but it wasn't to be. It's a crying shame that we weren't able to give this model professional the send off he deserved. Loved the guy & really sorry it's obviously the end for him at Hillsborough.

With the greatest respect to you, I think you will have seen at least 50 players better than Lee in your time watching Wednesday but its all about opinions.