Vardy Starts - George Hirst on the bench

Plainly obviously we need at least two forwards. 

Midfield looked OK to me. 

Centre backs we are well covered. 

It's very much the wingbacks and forward line that worries me. If you can't create and score goals, you don't win games. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 4

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I didn't like Borner messing about with the ball at the back, looked old and slow today. I normally really like Borner too. 

I thought we gave as good as we got in midfield second half.

Thinks he's beckenbauer. 

11 minutes ago, Jonboy42 said:

No. 40 looked tidy for us.

Though he missed a sitter, Hagan looked like he might be a tricky customer up top, from the little bits I saw of him. Good with his feet, but especially off the ball, was getting into the right places. 

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

Fair play to Leicester thought they did well to hold us to a draw, some good performances some average from us. Overall i reckon we did well, if we can get someone up front we're gunna be fine. Well played Wednesday and  well played to the young lads who came on.

• Like 5

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

That’s it then Hagan. You’re finished. Get thi sen off to Japan, they know f**k all about football out there.

Know a lot more than you mate. As Alan Irvine once said, ‘I have my badges, you don’t!’.  
Hope it was just nerves actually. Very poor finish. The other lad Grant impressed me though.

Thought Dele Bashiru, Brown and Bannan all played well as well as Wildsmith and Dawson. Some decent cameos from youngsters. Hagan looked lively shame he missed that chance.

Reach was poor again we need to offloads somehow recoup something??? as was Rhodes but service wasnt great granted. 

Absolutely desperate for at least 2 forwards though critical and thats not including Windass.

• Like 1

Thought we were in for a pasting in the first first ten minutes so pleasantly surprised by that performance and result. Obviously missing that cutting edge up front and more depth in other areas, but still lots of positives to take from today — the young lads in particular acquitted themselves very well second half and put a proper shift in

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Penny is going to be some player

Not sure myself but a superb challenge at the end. Will be second choice behind Harris this season so will get chances!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, JOHNHARKES said:

Thought Dele Bashiru, Brown and Bannan all played well as well as Wildsmith and Dawson. Some decent cameos from youngsters. Hagan looked lively shame he missed that chance.

Reach was poor again we need to offloads somehow recoup something??? as was Rhodes but service wasnt great granted. 

Absolutely desperate for at least 2 forwards though critical and thats not including Windass.

Yes both keepers did well. There, I said it.

Brown and to a lesser extent Dele Bashiru both impressed me.

With the loss of players and lack of acquisitions think most were apprehansive about this game. 

The organisation of team was far better than I have seen for some time. Particularly defensively.

In first half our set pieces were good and we should have scored. Brown made a positive contribution to game.

Dawson had a good first half made an extremely good save and decison making was good.

Second half with much less experienced team we employed a far more energetic approach and pressed higher up the field. This allowed us to knock Leicester out of stride more easily. Second half team displayed more energy than we saw last year.

Penney and Hunt buth took very good set pieces. Wildsmith made a very good save. Hagan missed a golden opportunity to score but he was in right areas of pitch and looks lively. Dele-Bashiru is a unit and made some good interceptions and covered plenty of ground.

Think Flahaven has made a difference to keeping. Defence and midfield were more co-ordinated together. Still issues remain about goal scoring. I was happier after the game than I thought I would be and if we can acquire a regular goal scorer or two.It could be more fun than a lot think.

With the managers being friends is their any of peripheral Leicester players who could help our cause?

• Like 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl
34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, you are coming across like a right helmet. 

It was a bad miss, but have a bit of perspective. 

Don’t get personal mate. You can get banned on here for that. 🤪