Bannan

36 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How much would it cost to replace Bannan with a younger version?  Millions.

Its like someone has had a really stupid idea, then asked their mates how to make it even more of a stupid idea. 

Maddison? He’s free. 

12 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Amazed by how much stick Bannan gets!  Always our top assists  and other than this season  been top 5 for assists  every season for us in championship.  Every pundit/ manager always pick Bannan out as our stand out player. But owls fans know better eh 

I’m certainly not wanting him to leave but if he sees himself as one of the ‘old guard’s and cos his old buddies have gone maybe he might not play with the same passion he has done in the past.

Then taking into account he’s on his last year and may well walk for nowt next Summer it may and I emphasize may be a time to bet the best price we can which will then enable us to shop for another busy midfielder.

We are one of the few clubs in the Championship that has hold on to players instead of getting rid when we could (and make a few bob on the deal)

16 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I’m certainly not wanting him to leave but if he sees himself as one of the ‘old guard’s and cos his old buddies have gone maybe he might not play with the same passion he has done in the past.

Then taking into account he’s on his last year and may well walk for nowt next Summer it may and I emphasize may be a time to bet the best price we can which will then enable us to shop for another busy midfielder.

We are one of the few clubs in the Championship that has hold on to players instead of getting rid when we could (and make a few bob on the deal)

Don't get me wrong every player has his price. And if we did sell we should be looking at someone like Hourihane from Villa. But this is an awkward time with big transition so a known quality might be needed to see us through it 

54 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Not sure that I agree. Think we need better players to work with him as he seemed to think he needed to do everything last season. 

Him moving on might create the opportunity for others to flourish rather than remain in his shadow.

We would however still need a few new faces to fill the void.

I can see that. A few players that gel well together could provide more. For me though, Bannan is high quality and I would be looking have in the team as much as possible.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Mister Soul said:

I wonder how many threads have been created with the imaginative title

... Bannan 

Just threads about bannan I wud guess...what’s yer point?🤔

28 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Don't get me wrong every player has his price. And if we did sell we should be looking at someone like Hourihane from Villa. But this is an awkward time with big transition so a known quality might be needed to see us through it 

Remember when we could have signed Hourihane to partner BB in the Jan 17 window, and we spent it on JR.

• Thanks 1

Bannan like Reach, Westwood, Lees and Rhodes is one of a few very well paid players left at our club. I wouldn’t be too upset if any of them go as long as we get to reinvest in players who are much younger with more of a point to prove. 

35 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan like Reach, Westwood, Lees and Rhodes is one of a few very well paid players left at our club. I wouldn’t be too upset if any of them go as long as we get to reinvest in players who are much younger with more of a point to prove. 

Let’s look at this realistically 

That small band of aging players probably cost the club £5-£6 million a year in wages.

Out of the lot only Bannan will be 1st choice and play the most games next season.

Westwood in a lot of people’s eyes should be our No.1 keeper but that will probably not happen.

Reach and Lees will become expensive squad players at best, we’ve had the best out of them

Rhodes is currently our No.1 striker but if we bring onboard a 2-3 additional forwards he would undoubtedly end up way down the pecking order.

in conclusion if they don’t go in this transfer window which seems unlikely then they should be touted around and sold or given away in the January window.

With the exception of Bannan we need better !

• Like 1

Time to move him on 

31 in December and last chance someone will pay a transfer fee for him 

But wait its yet another transfer window where zero bids have come in for him 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Time to move him on 

31 in December and last chance someone will pay a transfer fee for him 

But wait its yet another transfer window where zero bids have come in for him 

Its nuihu syndrome..every opposing manager sings his praises..but they never actually try n buy him