Bannan

34 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Just a thought but there could be something in him wanting out of Hillsborough as all his mates have left.

Maybe he sees himself favoring a fresh start and a club back in Scotland may appeal to him.

If he has lost his appetite for Wednesday then to be fair he ain’t going to run his testicles off for us next season is he ?

So let’s see what develops over the next few days.

Maybe he wants out given some of his old mates have gone but with regards not running his testicles off then that's the opposite of what he should be doing if he wants a decent move elsewhere. He has to put himself in the shop window. 

Guest Therealrealist

Get rid..im bored of bannan and i think hes bored of us..he will walk for nowt in 12 months..and maybe we would be better at corners n free kicks

57 minutes ago, striker said:

Dont think they can afford him, especially if outbid by Stoke for Fletcher's wages alone. 

If they offer enough money, to be considered, but in no rush to see him leave.

Celtic just refused to give him more than 12 months, which is good business sense. They don't want to be lumbered with his wages if he isn't fit to play. That's different to being outbid. Celtic clearly being astute. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BIG D said:

-12 but let’s sell our best player. 
That’ll definitely help

:duntmatter:

It would be a huge gamble but I remember raising eyebrows when after a low finish in the Championship table Norwich sold Maddison, clearly their best player, to Leicester. They got promoted the next season.

24 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

No, the thread is about Bannan.

Who do you think is our best player?

47 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I often wonder if he stifles other players creative instincts to be honest.   

I think he’s just generally better than the other creative players in our team.

Wasnt bannan one of the top assist makers in the championship last my season?

58 minutes ago, BIG D said:

-12 but let’s sell our best player. 
That’ll definitely help

:duntmatter:

We should offload any player before they reach the last year of their contract and leave for nothing. 

If we haven’t learnt that we’ll continue going round in circles losing £10-20m a year. 

Everyone should have a price and we shouldn’t be afraid to sell. 

Players come and go. Bannan is no different. 

• Like 5

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Celtic just refused to give him more than 12 months, which is good business sense. They don't want to be lumbered with his wages if he isn't fit to play. That's different to being outbid. Celtic clearly being astute. 

Correctamondo..pity we outbid Norwich for fletcher..they offered 2 years then we weighed in with a ridiculous 4 years🥴

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Id be surprised if he wants to be here still

What is there in it for him?

A big fat wage

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

If we lost Bannan our squad would be significantly worse off. Who else would create???

Not sure that I agree. Think we need better players to work with him as he seemed to think he needed to do everything last season. 

Him moving on might create the opportunity for others to flourish rather than remain in his shadow.

We would however still need a few new faces to fill the void.