Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I'd say we were damn lucky to get away with a 12 pt deduction. What the hell was Chansiri playing at. 

Desperate actions of a desperate man. Although the EFL aren’t fit for purpose our actions as a club in this have been truly shameful. Point to parachute payments  all you like but we’ve sold our soul for a shot at the big time and come up with nowt.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Shez said:

Arthur Daley’s poo apprentice more like

Correctamondo..Arthur Daley made money...he didn’t lose 100 million...and counting

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A lot that doesn't add up to me. How can the club have backdated the signing of documents but at the same time be found not guilty of misleading/acting in good faith? 

Strange...

Looks like the efl have completely foooked up, and had no choice but to drop charges, for whatever reason.

Might be best to wait until tomorrow to read more comprehensive info on the detail of the report rather than jump in and condemn based on a headline or two, we were found not guilty of not acting in good faith.

15 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Well first thing to happen is the players won’t get paid..doesn’t bother me one iorta..then the second thing to happen is said players are all allowed to leave..still not bothered one iorta..what are you worried about??

Dominic Iorta?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nero said:

interesting and there is little case law as such.

I think its probable though that tribunal thought that the delay obviously has had a detrimental impact on the integrity of the EFL competition out of proportion to the points tariff deduction.

Especially damming if the EFL are judged to have delayed the hearing.

Lets not forget the EFL didnt bring the charge till November and aimed for 21 points which presumably would have landed in April.

What was the delay? Except to make the punishment definite relegation.

Wasn’t part of the delay down to DC taking legal action against the EFL?

Backdating the documents presumably against EFL rules but being cleared of the charge of not acting in the utmost faith towards the EFL suggests to me that the Disciplinary Commission has accepted that the club did so in the belief that the EFL had given express permission for the club to backdate the documents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, folger said:

All I can say is fizz the guardian.

Yeah it’s the guardians fault..or the sun ..or the daily mail..or that maguire character..or Gibson..the efl..the premier league...it’s deffo not the fault of our owner🥴

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

does that mean we have to amend those years accounts and move the 'sale' into the correct year now?

Maybe not amend the accounts but the EFL could make an adjustment to exclude the sale from the 17/18 submitted accounts & add it to the submitted accounts for 18/19 for P&S purposes.

24 minutes ago, shandypants said:

This does nothing to handle the real injustice that is the parachute payments. Don’t be surprised if Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford argue against and find ways to delay impending EFL sanctions next season and all get promoted on the back of outspending the rest of us. 

Jesus, people still banging on about parachute payments when in reality they’ve got fizz all to do with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Dominic Iorta?

If went into admin tomorrow Westwood wud lose a million and Rhodes wud lose 1.6 million...forgive me for not been bothered one iorfa