Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

The opposite it seems.

From same article 

..... the panel, arbitrating on the 12-point sanction levied on Sheffield Wednesday for breaching profit and sustainability rules(P&S), is critical of the EFL’s investigation into overspending at the Hillsborough club and the league’s decision to add a secondary charge of a breach of good faith, which was ultimately dismissed.

Nah...that's not what 'some' want to hear..

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

From.Guardian tonight:

'In its findings, however, the panel found that Wednesday officials had backdated signatures on key documents regarding the sale of Hillsborough from the club to its owner, Dejphon Chansiri, including documents regarding the valuation of the deal itself. The changing of the dates meant that Wednesday passed P&S tests they would otherwise have failed.'

If so its understandable why we could have been found guilty. Although i guess our argument would be that intentions take precedent in accounting terms.

It got thrown out in arbitration, hence why they couldn't bring it forward. This would suggest that the EFL knew that this was happening, hence why it was we were seen as acting in good faith. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Sorry, what was the agenda?

There is no agenda, just an unwillingness to accept blame lies with the club. Guess it was the corrupt/incompetent FL that signed the backdated signatures.

They also failed to bring action in a timely manner so that punishment could be arbitrarily issued in a season that would have not punished the club after the accounts were issued promptly (as usual) and no attempt to avoid punishment or delay the hearings by the club....

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

That they aimed to extend the timing of the charge and the extent of the sanction to ensure relegation in 2019 20 season.

I'd say thats an agenda. If true....

Even the EFL couldn't have foreseen the way our results fell away after Christmas.

23 minutes ago, Animis said:

Altering dates on consultants documents is potential fraud. A valuation has a specific valuation date that can't be change.

Unless DC made the decision to sell the ground to himself at the 11th hour; say in June, I just can't see professional consultants - both valuers and accounts would have gone along with date changes. Even then they wouldn't have gone along with this. Story doesn't add up.

A lot that doesn't add up to me. How can the club have backdated the signing of documents but at the same time be found not guilty of misleading/acting in good faith? 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And who's buying it ? 

I love these sort of posts "Just leave now" 

Then what ? 

I'm sure there are 1000s of money men just waiting to spend millions on a Championship Club on minus 12 points  

Buying the club would be like buying an engineless wooden boat full of holes for what you’d pay for a yacht....

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And who's buying it ? 

Then what ? 

I'm sure there are 1000s of money men just waiting to spend millions on a Championship Club on minus 12 points  

Be minus 24 if he just ups and leaves.

WTF:

This does nothing to handle the real injustice that is the parachute payments. Don’t be surprised if Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford argue against and find ways to delay impending EFL sanctions next season and all get promoted on the back of outspending the rest of us. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And who's buying it ? 

Then what ? 

Well first thing to happen is the players won’t get paid..doesn’t bother me one iorta..then the second thing to happen is said players are all allowed to leave..still not bothered one iorta..what are you worried about??

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Well first thing to happen is the players won’t get paid..doesn’t bother me one iorta..then the second thing to happen is said players are all allowed to leave..still not bothered one iorta..what are you worried about??

-12 or -24.... what’s the difference?! fizz it....

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Yep that would be the 1st thing after the club ceased to trade anyway