Tomorrow it begins

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

That I will give you and they often were used at the end of a PT session to gage recovery. But they often resulted in quite a bit of spewing! Best I ever managed was 11.4 

I can't remember my best score, was 20 years ago😳. Although I never spewed up many did, usually the heavy drinkers and smokers. I just remember all feeling in the legs gone and lungs busting. Great days though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Thought it was today. 

if it is tomorrow, does anybody know the benefit of going back on a Friday and then having two extra day’s off?

Like a school inset day.

In for a chat about what we are doing next term, set targets and how (not) to achieve them.

Have a cup of tea, then pet shop off home early.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Yes. 

I would like to know. If that’s ok with you! 

Here here i'm with you pal. What's the point in going back to work on a Friday then 2 days off after that straight away after just having several weeks off. Typical Wednesday ways i suppose. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RevOwl said:

Here here i'm with you pal. What's the point in going back to work on a Friday then 2 days off after that straight away after just having several weeks off. Typical Wednesday ways i suppose. 

Footballers work most weekends last time I looked so they are more than likely to be in for a few hours on both days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Do you know if the club have lined up any trialist to start training with the team ala last season we had Borner, Harris, Odabajo training with the team before being officially announced.

The squad is so short of numbers unless there is going to be an influx of players in the next few days we are going to be struggling to put out a competitive team. 

Have they got a mid week cup/league game next week then? Who they playing?

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

Sorry, but I just think that's a rude question.

In what way is that rude? 

3 hours ago, Andysowls said:

Any excuse for a moan🤔🙄

How is that moaning? It was a genuine question.  Things such as BMI checks and general checks. I’m sure there’s other things as well, it’s just interesting to know. Not everything is a dig and a moan. 

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

See above. It wasn’t a moan or a dig, just a genuine question. 

as someone has already said, there’s nothing saying they won’t be doing some thing over the weekend. 

4 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Thought it was today. 

if it is tomorrow, does anybody know the benefit of going back on a Friday and then having two extra day’s off?

Maybe it's so they can introduce the new coaching staff to the squad and they can outline what expect from the players ready to get stuck in Monday?? 

We've done similar before on a Friday which is usually a half day anyway we’ve gone to a new site to do the site induction and have a wander around to assess what we need so we can hit the ground running Monday morning. 

18 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Maybe it's so they can introduce the new coaching staff to the squad and they can outline what expect from the players ready to get stuck in Monday?? 

We've done similar before on a Friday which is usually a half day anyway we’ve gone to a new site to do the site induction and have a wander around to assess what we need so we can hit the ground running Monday morning. 

Yeah very plausible. 

there’s no end of reasons why it could be. I was just interested as to why 

2 hours ago, Caicos Owl said:

Have they got a mid week cup/league game next week then? Who they playing?

Presumable there will be some sort of preseason as the season starts in 23 days that does not leaves us much time to get the players fit, get a few games under their belt for match sharpness before we kick off with the first game on the 5th September.

Or do we just get everyone in for the end of the transfer window by that time we will probably have played 7 or 8 leagues games because of the shorten nature of this season coming up. If we pick up an injury or 2 having to play possible 10+ games in 5 or 6 weeks with cup games we could find ourselves a lot further back that 12 points from 4th bottom.

Until we are out of the bottom 3 the only team we are chasing is in 21st spot. 

I could swear first day back is just measurement day, weigh in and fat test etc? Gives the training staff the weekend then to personalise any specific training schedules - for those needing to shift weight. Shouldn’t be a great deal of weight gained as they’ve only been off 2-3  weeks.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

The squad is so short of numbers unless there is going to be an influx of players in the next few days we are going to be struggling to put out a competitive team. 

To be fair, we had a much bigger squad at the start of last season and still struggled to put out a competitive team!

Monkmanface

5 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Thought it was today. 

Gives them a chance to ease their aching muscles the poor things!