21 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Always flattered to deceive, how many clubs has he failed at?

Whilst failing he’s notched up about 130 goals or assists in the championship. Can you imagine how many he’d have if he wasn’t failing or ‘always flattered  to deceive’ as you put it. 

Another owlstalk classic! I’d hamper a guess that Ince has more assists than any of our players in the championship and more goals than all bar Rhodes too. Yet he’s failed wherever he went! Wow just wow! 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Fine player at this level. He has a fabulous fitness record and that’s really important. We can’t afford a big squad full of cheap bits and pieces players. We need quality players fit enough to play 40 games in one position - that’s Ince, at RW.

HOWEVER, two downsides.

1. If we play 352 we’ve no clue if he’s capable of playing WB.

2. WB is one of the few positions where we’ve two very fit players already, in Reach and Harris. And we have ok cover.

Unlike many on here I’m a huge believer in Reach. I yearn to see Harris and Reach starting every game next season, mainly Reach left but swapping. 

So, no. Not for me. Though I do rate Ince highly.

This is the sort of post I like to read. Comments supported by reasoning/logic rather than *opinions* supported by bu**Dr all.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Lots of promise but very little end product...should fit in well here...

Stoke fans don't rate him and are glad to get rid

No end product you say? 130 odd goals or assists at championship level in about 275 games. So every other game he scores or assists..... can you imagine his stats if he had end product. 

To put this in perspective, he has almost twice the assists that Bannan has in roughly the same amount of games.... whilst also scoring 70 odd goals! 

31 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst failing he’s notched up about 130 goals or assists in the championship. Can you imagine how many he’d have if he wasn’t failing or ‘always flattered  to deceive’ as you put it. 

Another owlstalk classic! I’d hamper a guess that Ince has more assists than any of our players in the championship and more goals than all bar Rhodes too. Yet he’s failed wherever he went! Wow just wow! 

Shìte, utter shìte journeyman.

• Haha 1

Not for me. He’s a bit like his dad who think he’s better than he is. Let someone else spend their money on him, 

Personally I’d like to go for the lad from West Ham who was on loan at Oxford last season - Nathan Holland? A player on the way up rather than one on the wain.

Think he be good signing if we gona play strong target man ( jukewitz or Chris Martin style) and Ince one side and someone elee other in a front 3? Was effective at derby but seems to have gone backwards since going to hudds? Worth a gamble for free if wages can be sorted ?

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
4 hours ago, owls about that said:

Available for transfer or loan from Stoke, can be a good player on his day, at 28 right age .thoughts anyone ?.

Probably the most I’ll advised player ever.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

No end product you say? 130 odd goals or assists at championship level in about 275 games. So every other game he scores or assists..... can you imagine his stats if he had end product. 

To put this in perspective, he has almost twice the assists that Bannan has in roughly the same amount of games.... whilst also scoring 70 odd goals! 

This last season (current form) 31 games, 3 goals, 2 assists...may still be better than Baz 42/2/8 - I don't rate either of them very highly tbh

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 15.26.37.png

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Should we sign Lionel Messi? 

"No, hes well past his best, not the kind of player we need to be looking at.

What we really need is players who've never played a league game, on the verge of being released from Academies"

Or we could just post stupid stuff about Messi 

Ok i exaggerated a bit ( only a bit ) about how rubbish he was at Derby without looking at his stats cos i can't be bothered but ill lay a bet you'd struggle to find many if any Derby fans who would be wanting him back even on a free 

And for the record its not just that i don't like him i don't know him, its just having watched him over the years he always disappoints and no one is going to tell me he wasn't rubbish for Stoke 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

This last season (current form) 31 games, 3 goals, 2 assists...may still be better than Baz 42/2/8 - I don't rate either of them very highly tbh

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 15.26.37.png

Bannan is a different kind of player you might as well compare Liam Palmers stats to Ince to prove a point 

Bannan has carried us through many many games can't remember Ince doing that for any of the clubs he's rinsed 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Why are Stoke letting him go then ?

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Bannan has carried us through many many games can't remember Ince doing that for any of the clubs he's rinsed 

How many of his Championship 287 appearances, and 48 Premier League appearances have you watched throughout to formulate that opinion?

And just how often do right wingers carry a team through games?

If the new remit is young hungry players with enthusiasm that want to play for and fight the shirt. Tom Ince fits into none of these. Lazy, in consistant, rarely puts a full shift in. Thinks there's an "I" in team, Would come here and in all probability be quite content to do an "Abdi" it's a definate no from me. 

Would rather get someone who's not the finished article that will improve, maybe not as good a player on his day, but will run his stones off for 90 mins 30+ games a season if asked.