This was type of transfer we were doing before it all went wrong. Good player, decent age, not worked out for him and in need of restarting his career. 

No good for us in a 352 but if we were to play with 3 upfront he’d be great signing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Philb125 said:

This was type of transfer we were doing before it all went wrong. Good player, decent age, not worked out for him and in need of restarting his career. 

No good for us in a 352 but if we were to play with 3 upfront he’d be great signing. 

He was sheeeite for Derby and more sheeeite for Stoke how great signing comes from that defeats me 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Struggled since leaving Derby 3yrs ago. 28, big wages, lost his edge...would probably be another Rhodes-esque mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No no and thrice no 

He's a busted flush who has been stealing a living for years Reach is a better player than he is and thats on the form that Reach has shown over the last season 

I totally agree with you. He's lived on his fathers name and reputation for years. Lightweight, too easily pushed off the ball. No for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

He was sheeeite for Derby and more sheeeite for Stoke how great signing comes from that defeats me 

It fits a formula that we were doing a few years back. Good players who’ve lost their way coming to us for a fresh start and doing well. It’s a way of getting quality players at affordable prices. 

Worked with Lees, Fessi, Bannan. One good season and he’s worth 5-10m easily. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It fits a formula that we were doing a few years back. Good players who’ve lost their way coming to us for a fresh start and doing well. It’s a way of getting quality players at affordable prices. 

Worked with Lees, Fessi, Bannan. One good season and he’s worth 5-10m easily. 

One good season ? so invest money we probably don't have in the hope that he gives us that "one good season " and the lottery numbers for tonight are ?

He wasn't worth the £25m that his dad claimed and will, imo, never be worth another fee in career

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

One good season ? so invest money we probably don't have in the hope that he gives us that "one good season " and the lottery numbers for tonight are ?

He wasn't worth the £25m that his dad claimed and will, imo, never be worth another fee in career

I mean that’s how football works isn’t it. You sign a player, hoping he’ll play well for you. Some do, some don’t. No exact science which is why there are both failed transfers and successful ones in every club around the world. 

us signing players with proven quality and pedigree, whilst still a good age and with their stock low is in my opinion a better strategy than paying OTT for players that are the top of their game and a bad age. I’d rather us make signings like this (not necessarily Ince, but using that method) than us pay over the odds for Fletcher, Rhodes, Abdi, Boyd etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Philb125 said:

I mean that’s how football works isn’t it. You sign a player, hoping he’ll play well for you. Some do, some don’t. No exact science which is why there are both failed transfers and successful ones in every club around the world. 

us signing players with proven quality and pedigree, whilst still a good age and with their stock low is in my opinion a better strategy than paying OTT for players that are the top of their game and a bad age. I’d rather us make signings like this (not necessarily Ince, but using that method) than us pay over the odds for Fletcher, Rhodes, Abdi, Boyd etc.

But his pedigree is largely rubbish so he doesn't fit your argument 

Ince hasn't been worth his pay since Blackpool 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

But his pedigree is largely rubbish so he doesn't fit your argument 

Ince hasn't been worth his pay since Blackpool 

That’s just not factually correct. Go look at his stats and feel free to post them and show me his rubbish stats at derby and explain who we had doing better in same position. I get you may not like him, but don’t let your feelings be mistaken with facts. He’s a very good player at this level regardless of what you feel about him and his stats I’m sure back that up. 

• Like 1